Effect of Diffusion Limitations on the Fischer–Tropsch Synthesis of Long-Chain Hydrocarbons on a Cobalt–Alumina Silica Gel Catalyst
- 27 Downloads
The effect of diffusion limitations on the Fischer–Tropsch synthesis of long-chain hydrocarbons on a cobalt–alumina–silica gel catalyst are analyzed at pressures of 1.5 and 2.0 MPa, depending on the particle size distribution (0.4–6.0 mm), gas hourly space velocity (100–1000 h−1), and composition of the synthesis gas (H2 : CO = 1, 2, and 5). It is shown that mass limitations increase the selectivity and productivity of C35+ hydrocarbons (waxes) and the probability of hydrocarbon chain growth. The effect of intradiffusion limitations is estimated at different compositions of the synthesis gas from changes in the apparent energy of activation in the temperature range of 179–225°С. In the high-temperature region, the apparent energy of activation falls from 97.1 to 67.0–82.9 kJ/mol as the H2/CO ratio rises from 1 to 5.
Keywords:Fischer–Tropsch synthesis long-chain hydrocarbons diffusion limitations cobalt–alumina silica gel catalyst energy of activation
This work was supported by the Russian Science Foundation, grant no. 14-23-00078. It was performed using equipment at the Nanotechnologies Shared Facilities Center of the South Russian State Polytechnic University.
- 2.Mordkovich, V.Z., Sineva, L.V., Kul’chakovskaya, E.V., and Asalieva, E.Yu., Katal. Prom-sti, 2015, no. 5, pp. 23–45.Google Scholar
- 8.Iglesia, E., Appl. Catal., A, 1997, vol. 161, nos. 1–2, pp. 59–78.Google Scholar
- 9.Merino, D., Sanz, O., and Montes, M., Fuel, 2017, no. 210, pp. 49–57.Google Scholar
- 10.Li, H., Wang, J., Chen, C., Jia, L., Hou, B., and Lia, D., R. Soc. Chem., 2017, no. 7, pp. 9436–9445.Google Scholar
- 14.Yang, J.H., Kim, H.-J., Chun, D.H., Lee, H.-T., Hong, J.-C., Jung, H., and Yang, J.-I., Fuel Process. Technol., 2010, no. 91, no. 3, pp. 285–289.Google Scholar
- 16.Lapidus, A.L. and Krylova, A.Yu., Ross. Khim. Zh., 2000, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 43–56.Google Scholar
- 17.Satterfield, C. N., Heterogeneous Catalysis in Practice, New York: McGraw-Hill, 1980; Moscow: Mir, 1984.Google Scholar
- 21.Lapidus, A.L., Krylova, A.Yu., Eliseev, O.L., and Khudyakov, D.S., Khim. Tverd. Topl., 1998, no. 1, pp. 3–8.Google Scholar
- 22.Satterfield, C N., Mass Transfer in Heterogeneous Catalysis, Cambridge: MIT Press, 1970.Google Scholar