Sufficient stability conditions in the calculations of steady supersonic flows using the marching technique and time-dependent flows with account for viscosity
- 18 Downloads
The sufficient conditions for the stability and monotonicity in calculating supersonic steady flows by means of the marching technique are derived. The sufficient stability conditions are also obtained for constructing the solutions of time-dependent conservation laws with account for viscosity by explicit difference schemes. With increase in the viscosity coefficient, the conditions derived go over continuously from the hyperbolic to the parabolic constraints on the time step.
KeywordsEuler Equation Discontinuous Solution Godunov Scheme Gasdynamic Parameter Explicit Difference Scheme
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. G. Grudnitskii, “Generalized Characteristics for the System of Euler Equations,” in Algorithms for the Numerical Investigation of Discontinuous Solutions (Russian Academy of Sciences, Computer Center, Moscow, 1993) [in Russian], pp. 191–203.Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Grudnitskii and P. V. Plotnikov, “Generalized Characteristics and Sufficient Stability Condition in Constructing the Discontinuous Solutions of the System of Euler Equations,” in News in Numerical Modeling (2000) [in Russian], pp. 148–164.Google Scholar
- 7.V. G. Grudnitskiy, “Sufficient Conditions of Stability for Discontinuous Solutions of the Euler Equations,” Comp. Fluid Dyn. J., 10, 334–337, 2001.Google Scholar
- 10.V. G. Grudnitskii, “Sufficient Stability Conditions in Calculating the Discontinuous Solutions of the Time-Dependent Conservation Laws in Curvilinear Coordinates, in the Presence of Right Sides,” Mat. Model., 18(10), 76–80 (2006).Google Scholar
- 13.V. S. Ryaben’kii and A. F. Filippov, Stability of Difference Equations (Gostekhizdat, Moscow, 1956) [in Russian].Google Scholar