Implicit difference methods for Hamilton-Jacobi functional differential equations
- 49 Downloads
Classical solutions of initial boundary value problems are approximated by solutions of associated implicit difference functional equations. A stability result is proved by using a comparison technique with nonlinear estimates of the Perron type for given functions. The Newton method is used to numerically solve nonlinear equations generated by implicit difference schemes. It is shown that there are implicit difference schemes which are convergent whereas the corresponding explicit difference methods are not. The results obtained can be applied to differential integral problems and differential equations with deviated variables.
Key wordsinitial boundary value problem functional differential equation implicit difference method Newton method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Baranowska, A., Numerical Methods for Nonlinear First-Order Partial Differential Equations with Deviated Variables, Numer. Meth. Partial Diff. Equat., 2006, no. 22, pp. 708–727.Google Scholar
- 2.Brandi, P., Kamont, Z., and Salvadori, A., Approximate Solutions of Mixed Problems for First Order Partial Differential Functional Equations, Atti Sem. Mat. Fis. Univ. Modena, 1991, no. 39, pp. 277–302.Google Scholar
- 3.Brandi, P., Kamont, Z., and Salvadori, A., Existence of Generalized Solutions of Hyperbolic Functional Differential Equations, Nonlin. Anal. TMA, 2002, no. 50, pp. 919–940.Google Scholar
- 4.Brandi, P. and Marcelli, C., On Mixed Problem for First Order Partial Differential Functional Equations, Atti Sem. Mat. Fis. Univ. Modena, 1998, no. 46, pp. 497–510.Google Scholar
- 5.Czernous, W., Generalized Euler Method for First Order Partial Differential Functional Equations, Mem. Diff. Equat. Math. Phys., 2006, no. 39, pp. 49–68.Google Scholar
- 10.Pao, C.V., Numerical Methods for Systems of Nonlinear Parabolic Equations with Time Delays, J. Math. Anal. Appl., 1999, no. 240, pp. 249–279.Google Scholar
- 11.Pao, C.V., Finite Difference Reaction-Diffusion Systems with Coupled Boundary Conditions and Time Delays, J. Math. Anal. Appl., 2002, no. 272, pp. 407–434.Google Scholar
- 12.Przadka, K., Difference Methods for Non-Linear Partial Differential Functional Equations of the First Order, Math. Nachr., 1988, no. 138, pp. 105–123.Google Scholar
- 13.Szarski, J., Differential Inequalities, Warszawa: Polish Sci. Publ., 1966.Google Scholar
- 15.Voigt, W., On Finite-Difference Methods for Parabolic Functional Differential Equations on Unbounded Domains, in Numerical Methods and Applications, Sofia: Publ. House Bulg. Acad. Sci., 1989, pp. 559–567.Google Scholar