Physiological and Biochemical Parameters of Fingerlings of Native Carassius auratus gibelio (Bloch, 1792) and Invasive Perccottus glenii (Dybowski, 1877) Species of Fish in the Floodplain Lake Krugloye (Saratov Reservoir)
- 2 Downloads
Using the example of Lake Krugloye (Mordovinskaya floodplain in the Saratov Reservoir), the changes in the physiological and biochemical parameters in two abundant fish species inhabiting the same biotopes have been comparatively analyzed. The fish under study are the aboriginal crucian carp (Carassius auratus gibelio) (Bloch, 1792) and the invasive Amur sleeper (Perccottus glenii) (Dybowski, 1877). The study reveals differences between the species in the patterns of the dynamics of body weight and contents of protein, fat, water, and caloric contents upon an increase in body length during various months of the active feeding period. Potential reasons for the differences and their consequences are discussed.
Keywords:juvenile fish Amur sleeper crucian carp body length fat protein water caloric content
The present study was carried out as part of State Task no. AAAA-A18-118012690123-4.
COMPLIANCE WITH ETHICAL STANDARDS
Conflict of interests. The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
Statement on the welfare of animals. All applicable international, national, and/or institutional guidelines for the care and use of animals were followed.
- 1.Evlanov, I.A., Kozlovskii, S.V., and Antonov, P.I., Kadastr ryb Samarskoi oblasti (Inventory of Fishes of Samara Oblast), Tolyatti: Inst. Ekol. Volzhsk. Basseina, Ross. Akad. Nauk, 1998.Google Scholar
- 2.Kirilenko, E.V. and Shemonaev, E.V., Data on the morphology and biology of the Chinese sleeper Perccottus glenii Dybowski, 1877 from Lake Krugloe of the Mordovinskaya Floodplain of the Saratov Reservoir, Izv. Samar. Nauch. Tsentra Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2011, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 207–210.Google Scholar
- 3.Kirilenko, E.V. and Shemonaev, E.V., Actual problems of ecology and environmental protection, in Materialy X Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii “Tatishchevskie chteniya: aktual’nye problemy nauki i praktiki” (Proc. X Int. Sci.-Pract. Conf. “Tatischev Memorial Lectures: Actual Problems of Science and Practice”), Tolyatti, 2013, pp. 60–66.Google Scholar
- 4.Lakin, G.F., Biometriya (Biometrics), Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 1990.Google Scholar
- 5.Lapin, V.I. and Chernova, E.G., On the method of fat extraction from raw fish tissues, Vopr. Ikhtiol., 1970, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 753–756.Google Scholar
- 6.Shatunovskii, M.I., Ekologicheskie zakonomernosti obmena veshchestv morskikh ryb (Ecological Patterns of Metabolism of Marine Fishes), Moscow: Nauka, 1980.Google Scholar
- 7.Shul’man, G.E., Fiziologo-biokhimicheskie osobennosti godovykh tsiklov ryb (Physiological and Biochemical Features of the Annual Cycles of Fishes), Moscow: Pishchevaya Promyshlennost’, 1972.Google Scholar
- 8.Shul’man, G.E. and Kokoz, L.M., Features of protein growth and fat accumulation in the Black Sea fishes, Biol. Morya, 1968, no. 15, pp. 159–203.Google Scholar
- 9.Shul’man, G.E. and Kokoz, L.M., The content of dry fat-free substance in the body of some of the Black Sea fishes, Vopr. Ikhtiol., 1971, vol. 11, no. 2.Google Scholar
- 10.Khal'ko, V.V., Patterns of formation of production indices of young fish from different ecological groups, Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. (Biol.) Dissertation, Moscow, 1983.Google Scholar
- 11.Folch, J., Lees, M., and Stonley, A., A simple method for isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissues, J. Biol. Chem., 1957, vol. 226, no. 1, pp. 497–509.Google Scholar