Disturbance of Synchronous Oocyte Development in Bream Abramis brama L. from the Rybinsk Reservoir
- 1 Downloads
The seasonal dynamics of oocyte sizes in bream has been studied. Asynchronous oocyte development causes the formation of the second batch of eggs in some specimens in the sample. The dynamics of the formation of the second oocyte batch, the high variability of their number and proportion of the total number of oocytes, and the resorption of the first batch of eggs after spawning differ from a typical asynchronous oocyte development in species with portioned spawning. The repeated spawning of bream is currently unlikely.
Keywords:bream oocytes asynchronous development
This study was conducted within the framework of a state assignment, project no. g/r АААА-А18-118012690104-3.
COMPLIANCE WITH ETHICAL STANDARDS
Conflict of interests. The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
Statement on the welfare of animals. All applicable international, national, and/or institutional guidelines for the care and use of animals were followed.
- 1.Andreeva, A.M., Oogenesis of the bream Abramis brama (L.) (Cyprinidae) in the Rybinsk Reservoir, Vopr. Ikhtiol., 1983, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 257–261.Google Scholar
- 2.Volodin, V.M., Fertility of the bream Abramis brama (L.) (Cyprinidae) in the Rybinsk Reservoir, Vopr. Ikhtiol., 1982, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 246–252.Google Scholar
- 3.German, A.V., The rate of sexual maturation and fertility of the bream Abramis brama of the Volga reach of the Rybinsk Reservoir, Rybovod. Rybn. Khoz., 2016, no. 8, pp. 17–23.Google Scholar
- 4.Levi, L.A., Some features of the sexual cycle of the bream in the Rybinsk Reservoir, Izv. Vses. Nauchno-Issled. Inst. Ozern. Rechn. Rybn. Khoz, 1953, vol. 33, pp. 62–71.Google Scholar
- 5.Sergeev, R.S., Permitin, Yu.E., and Yastrebkov, A.A., On the fish fertility in the Rybinsk Reservoir, Tr. Biol. St. Borok, 1955, no. 2, pp. 278–300.Google Scholar
- 6.Syrovatskaya, N.I., On the spawning type of bream in the Don River, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1949, vol. 66, no. 5, pp. 1001–1004.Google Scholar
- 7.Khal’ko, V.V. and Talikina, M.G., Comparative characteristics of the prespawning state of gonads of reproductive isolates of phytophilic fishes of the Rybinsk Reservoir, Vopr. Ikhtiol., 1993, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 241–247.Google Scholar