Achiral 1-Cusped Hyperbolic 3-Manifolds Not Coming from Amphicheiral Null-homologous Knot Complements
- 6 Downloads
It is experimentally known that achiral hyperbolic 3-manifolds are quite sporadic at least among those with small volume, while we can find plenty of them as amphicheiral knot complements in the 3-sphere. In this paper, we show that there exist infinitely many achiral 1-cusped hyperbolic 3- manifolds not homeomorphic to any amphicheiral null-homologous knot complement in any closed achiral 3-manifold.
Keywords and phrasesAmphicheiral knot banding achiral hyperbolic 3-manifold chirally cosmetic filling chirally cosmetic surgery
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.J. Weeks, “Hyperbolic structures on three-manifolds,” PhD Thesis (PrincetonUniv. Press, Princeton, 1985).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Kirby, “Problems in low-dimensional topology,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Geometric Topology, Athens, GA, 1993, Vol. 2. 2 of AMS/IP Studies Adv. Math. (Am. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1997), pp. 35–473.Google Scholar
- 6.S. A. Bleiler, C. D. Hodgson, and J. R. Weeks, “Cosmetic surgery on knots,” in Proceedings of the Kirbyfest, Berkeley, CA, 1998, Vol. 2 of Geom. Topol. Monography (Geom. Topol. Publ., Coventry, 1999), pp. 23–34.Google Scholar
- 8.K. Ichihara and Z. Wu, “A note on Jones polynomial and cosmetic surgery,” Comm. Anal. Geom. (in press); arXiv:1606. 03372.Google Scholar
- 12.J. M. Montesinos, “Surgery on links and double branched covers of S3,” in Knots, Groups, and 3-Manifolds, Papers Dedicated to the Memory of R. H. Fox), Ann. Math. Studies 84, 227–259 (1975).Google Scholar