Nontrivial Pseudocharacters on Groups and Their Applications
- 6 Downloads
In this paper questions of the existence of non-trivial pseudocharacters for different classes of groups and the most important applications of pseudocharacters are considered. We review the results obtained for non-trivial pseudocharacters of free group constructions. Pseudocharacter is the real functions f on a group G such that 1) |f(ab) − f(a) − f(b)| ≤ ε for some ε > 0 and for any a, b ∈ G and 2) f(x n ) = nf(x) ∀n ∈ Z, ∀x ∈ G. Existence of non-trivial pseudocharacters implies the results for second group of bounded cohomologies and the width of verbal subgroups. Results of R.I. Grigorchuk, V.G. Bardakov, V.A. Fayziev and author on this topic are examined. Theorems about conditions of the existence of non-trivial pseudocharacters on such group objects as free products with amalgamation, HNN-extensions, group with one defining relation, anomalous products are given in the article.
Keywords and phrasesnon-trivial pseudocharacter bounded cohomology width of verbal subgroups groups with one defining relation locally indicable groups anomalous products HNN-extensions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.B. E. Johnson, “Cohomology in Banach algebras,” Mem. Am.Math. Soc. 127 (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.R. I. Grigorchuk, “Some results on bounded cohomology,” in Combinatorial and Geometric Group Theory, Vol. 204 of London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series (London Math. Soc., Edinburgh, 1993), pp. 111–163.Google Scholar
- 8.I. V. Dobrynina and D. Z. Kagan, “On a width of verbal subgroups of certain free constructions,” Chebyshev. Sb. 16 (4), 150–163 (2015).Google Scholar
- 14.D. Z. Kagan, “About exist non-trivial pseudocharacters on the anomalous product of groups,” Vestn. Mosk. Univ., Ser. Mat. Mekh., No. 6, 24–28 (2004).Google Scholar
- 17.D. Z. Kagan, “Pseudocharacters on free groups, invariant with respect to some types of endomorphisms,” Fundam. Appl.Math. 17, 167–176 (2011).Google Scholar