Effect of Keggin Heteropoly Acids on Human Embryo Fibroblast Cells
- 3 Downloads
The strong dependence of cytotoxicity of Keggin heteropoly acids [XM12O40]n–, X = Si or P, M = Mo and W, n = 3 or 4 on chemical composition is demonstrated using the example of human embryo fibroblast cells based on the results of diagnostics using impedance monitoring, scanning electron microscopy, and measurements of visible cell sizes. The explanation of this dependence based on the role of hydrolytic stability of multiply charged anions in the development of cytotoxicity of these compounds is suggested. The results make it possible to suggest a new mechanism for the development of selectivity of polyoxometalate cytotoxicity relative to the studied cells. The differentiated cytotoxic activity of polyoxometalates relative to oncogenic cells is predicted.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. S. Pop, Heteropoly-and Isopolyoxometallates (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1990) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.W. Lu, Zh. Baibin, and L. Jiaren, “Anticancer polyoxometalates,” Prog. Chem. 25, 1131–1141 (2013).Google Scholar
- 11.I. A. Suetina, M. V. Mezentseva, E. A. Gushchina, F. A. Lisitsin, L. I. Russu, O. A. Lopatina, E. L. Firsova, S. A. Kovalevskii, B. A. Budanov, F. I. Dalidchik, A. S. Seleznev, R. A. Morozov, and E. A. Gushchina, “Study of growth activity and viability of cultured human embryo fibroblasts under the influence of polyoxametalates,” Inform. Byull. Kletochn. Kul’tury, No. 31, 67–78 (2015).Google Scholar
- 12.O. A. Lopatina, O. V. Baklanova, I. A. Suetina, E. I. Isaeva, E. A. Gushchina, L. V. Russu, F. A. Lisitsin, S. A. Kovalevskii, B. A. Budanov, F. I. Dalichik, and M. V. Mezentseva, “Cytotoxic and antiviral effect of polyoxometalates in vitro experiments,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Russian National Congress on Human and Medicine, Moscow, 2015, p. 230.Google Scholar
- 13.O. A. Lopatina, O. V. Baklanova, I. A. Suetina, E. I. Isaeva, E. A. Gushchina, L. V. Russu, F. A. Lisitsin, S. A. Kovalevskii, B. A. Budanov, F. I. Dalichik, and M. V. Mezentseva, “Toxic effect of polyoxometalates (POMs) with Keggin’s structure on normal and tumor cells culture,” Biol. Radioelektron., No. 3, 42–49 (2015).Google Scholar
- 20.M. H. Ross, L. J. Romrell, and G. I. Kaye, Histology—A Text and Atlas, 3rd ed. (Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, 1995).Google Scholar
- 25.S. Harguindey, D. Stanciu, J. Devesab, K. Alfarouk, R. Cardone, J. Polo, P. Devesa, C. Rauch, G. Orive, E. Anitua, S. Roger, and S. Reshkin, “Cellular acidification as a new approach to cancer treatment and to the understanding and therapeutics of neurodegenerative diseases,” Seminars Cancer Biol. 43, 157–179 (2017).CrossRefGoogle Scholar