Sorption processes of styryl dyes dications with N-ammonioalkyl substituent of varying length on the surface of polystyrene submicroparticles
We have investigated the multilayer adsorption isotherms of styryl dyes (SDs) of pyridine series (dications) with active centers (COOH) of the surface of polystyrene colloidal particles in an aqueous solution, depending on the length of N-substituent and the particle diameter. A proposed model of sorption takes into account both the ion-exchange sorption mechanism (exchange of H+ ions to SD dications) and a phase equilibrium shift of SD solution to multilayer ionic condensate in the ionic diffusive layer near the electric charged surface of the particles if the concentration of the SD solution is high enough. Modeled sorption isotherms are in agreement with the experimental data.
KeywordsSorption Isotherm Sorption Process Dense Phase Polystyrene Particle Sorbed Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Yu. A. Zolotov, Macrocyclic Compounds in Analytical Chemistry (Wiley, New York, 1997).Google Scholar
- 4.M. V. Alfimov and S. P. Gromov, in Applied Fluorescence in Chemistry, Biology, and Medicine, Ed. by W. Rettig, B. Strehmel, S. Schrader, and H. Seifert (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1999).Google Scholar
- 5.B. M. Krasnovskii and B. M. Boilotin, Organic Luminescence Materials (VCH, Weinheim, 1988).Google Scholar
- 15.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Course of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 5: Statistical Physics (Nauka, Moscow, 1995; Pergamon, Oxford, 1980).Google Scholar
- 16.D. A. Frank-Kamenetskii, Lectures on Plasma Physics (Atomizdat, Moscow, 1968) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 17.P. V. Lebedev-Stepanov, E. Yu. Grushnikova, N. A. Lobova, A. O. Belushenko, N. N. Shevchenko, A. Yu. Menshikova, and S. P. Gromov, “A two-stage multi-layer sorption of styryl dyes dications with N-ammonia alkyl substituent of different lengths on the surface of charged polystyrene submicroparticles,” in Proceedings of the 6th All-Russia Seminar on Physicochemistry of Surfaces and Nano-Sized Systems, Moscow, Feb. 3–4, 2015.Google Scholar