Self-assembly of ensembles of polystyrene submicroparticles modified by styryl dye in evaporating microdrop of solution
- 33 Downloads
The dependence that the morphology of the ensemble of polystyrene particles deposited on a glass carrier from an evaporating drop of colloidal solution has on the presence of styryl dye chemically sorbed on their surface was studied. It was shown that, in the presence of the dye, a solid phase is formed which covers the carrier more uniformly but with a less expressed long-range order of particles.
KeywordsPhotonic Crystal Atomic Force Microscope Image Polymer Particle Radial Flow Styryl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Nicolis and I. Prigogine, Self-Organization in Nonequilibrium Systems: From Dissipative Structures to Order through Fluctuations (Wiley, New York, 1977; Mir, Moscow, 1979).Google Scholar
- 7.M. Megens, “Structure and Fluorescence of Photonic Colloidal Crystals” Science (Washington) 25, 518–540 (1999).Google Scholar
- 11.S. P. Molchanov, P. V. Lebedev-Stepanov, S. O. Klimonskii, K. F. Sheberstov, S. Yu. Tret’yakov, and M. V. Alfimov, “Self-Assembly of Ordered Layers of Silicon Dioxide Microspheres on a Vertical Plate,” Ross. Nanotekhnol. (in press) [Nanotechnol. Russ. (in press)].Google Scholar
- 12.A. Yu. Men’shikova, A. Yu. Bilibin, N. N. Shevchenko, B. M. Shabsel’s, T. G. Evseeva, A. G. Bazhenova, and A. V. Sel’kin, “Emulsifier-Free Emulsion Copolymerization of Styrene with Methacrylic Acid as a Method for Preparing Building Blocks for Photonic Crystals,” Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. A 48(9), 1579–1587 (2006) [Polym. Sci., Ser. A 48 (9), 910–917 (2006)].Google Scholar
- 13.A. V. Yakimansky, A. Yu. Menshikova, N. N. Shevchenko, B. M. Shabsels, A. G. Bazhenova, A. V. Sel’kin, S. K. Sazonov, A. I. Vedernikov, S. P. Gromov, V. A. Sazhnikov, and M. V. Alfimov, “rom Polymeric Nanoparticles to Dye-Containing Photonic Crystals: Synthesis, Self-Assembling, Optical Features, and Possible Applications,” Polym. Adv. Technol. 20(6), 581–588 (2009).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.N. A. Fuchs, Evaporation and Droplet Growth in Gaseous Media (Academy of Sciences of the Soviet Union, Moscow, 1958; Pergamon, London, 1959).Google Scholar
- 17.N. A. Fuchs, The Mechanics of Aerosols (Academy of Sciences of the Soviet, Moscow, 1955; Pergamon, Oxford, 1964).Google Scholar