Formation of integrated nanosized graphene structures by focused ion-beam etching
- 58 Downloads
Ion-beam methods of nanostructure formation in multigraphene layers integrated with a system of current-carrying electrodes during microelectronic group processing have been developed. The results demonstrate the feasibility of both thinning the structures down to several graphene layers and forming quasione-dimensional strips on the basis of the structures.
KeywordsGolden Electrode Etch Depth Dimensional Atomic Force Microscopy Image Ented Pyrolytic Graphite Nanometric Thick Film
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. E. Lozovik, S. P. Merkulova, and A. A. Sokolik, “Collective Electron Phenomena in Graphene,” Usp. Fiz. Nauk, 178(7), 757–776 (2008) [Phys.—Usp. 51 (7), 727–744 (2008)].Google Scholar
- 5.A. K. Geim and F. Kim, “Carbon Wonderland,” Sci. Am., No. 4, 68–75 (2008).Google Scholar
- 7.Y. Hernandez, V. Nicolosi, M. Lotya, F. M. Blighe, Z. Sun, S. De, I. T. McGovern, B. Holland, M. Byrne, Y. K. Gun’Ko, J. J. Boland, P. Niraj, G. Duesberg, S. Krishnamurthy, R. Goodhue, J. Hutchison, V. Scardaci, A. C. Ferrari, and J. N. Coleman, “High-Yield Production of Graphene by Liquid-Phase Exfoliation of Graphite,” Nat. Nanotechnol. 3, 563–568 (2008).CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 8.C. Berger, Z. Song, T. Li, X. Li, A. Y. Ogbazghi, R. Feng, Z. Dai, A. N. Marchenkov, E. H. Conrad, P. N. First, and W. A. de Heer, “Ultrathin Epitaxial Graphite: 2D Electron Gas Properties and a Route toward Graphene-Based Nanoelectronics,” J. Phys. Chem. B 108, 19 912–19 915 (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.M. C. Lemme, D. C. Bell, J. R. Williams, L. A. Stern, B. W. H. Baugher, P. Jarillo-Herrero, and C. M. Marcus, “Etching of Graphene with a Helium Ion Beam,” Am. Chem. Soc. Nano 3(9), 2674–2676 (2009).Google Scholar
- 10.V. A. Gribkov, F. I. Grigor’ev, B. A. Kalin, and V. L. Yakushin, Advanced Radiation-Beam Technologies for Material Treatment (Kruglyi God, Moscow, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.A. E. Eklund, E. J. Snyder, and R. S. Williams, “Correlation from Randomness: Quantitative Analysis of Ion-Etched Graphite Surfaces Using the Scanning Tunneling Microscope Surface,” Science (Washington) 285(3), 157–180 (1993).Google Scholar
- 12.Handbook of Physical Quantities, Ed. by I. S. Grigoriev and E. L. Meilikhov (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1991; CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, United States, 1997).Google Scholar
- 14.A. I. Aksenov, I. I. Bobrinetskii, V. K. Nevolin, and M. M. Simunin, “Temperature Dependence of the Electrical Conductivity of Structures Based on Carbon Nanotubes under Atmospheric Conditions,” Datchiki Sist., No. 9, 60–64 (2006).Google Scholar