Nanocomposite microcapsules containing nanoparticles of colloidal gold and magnetite: Their preparation and characterization
- 74 Downloads
Aqueous suspensions of nanocomposite microcapsules containing gold (5, 10, and 20 nm) and magnetite nanoparticles in the structure of polyelectrolyte shells are prepared by the polyionic assembly procedure. The shells of microcapsules with different numbers of layers and different structures were analyzed using transmission electron, atomic force, and confocal microscopy. The thickness and roughness of microcapsule shells and the dependence of these parameters on the number of adsorption cycles for nanoparticles are studied. It is found that the uniformity of the distribution of colloidal gold nanoparticles in the nanocomposite shell containing magnetite nanoparticles depends on their size.
KeywordsMagnetite Gold Nanoparticles Colloidal Gold Cationic Polyelectrolyte Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.O. A. Inozemtseva, S. A. Portnov, T. A. Kolesnikova, and D. A. Gorin, “Formation and Physicochemical Properties of Polyelectrolyte Nanocomposite Capsules,” Ross. Nanotekhnol. 2(9–10), 68–80 (2007).Google Scholar
- 8.D. A. Gorin, D. G. Shchukin, A. I. Mikhailov, et al., “Effect of Microwave Radiation on Polymer Microcapsules Containing Inorganic Nanoparticles,” Pis’ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 32(2), 45–50 (2006) [Tech. Phys. Lett. 32 (1), 70–72 (2006)].Google Scholar
- 12.S. H. Hu, C. H. Tsai, C. F. Liao, et al., “Controlled Rupture of Magnetic Polyelectrolyte Microcapsules for Drug Delivery,” Langmuir 24, 11 811–11 818 (2008).Google Scholar
- 13.A. Lemelle, B. Veksler, I. S. Kozhevnikov, et al., “Application of Gold Nanoparticles As Contrast Agents in Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy,” Laser Phys. Lett. 1–5 (2008); DOI 10.1002/laol.200810091.Google Scholar
- 14.M. Raposo and P. A. Ribeiro, M. A. Pereira-da-Silva, and O. N. Oliveira, Jr., “Atomic Force Microscopy on Polyelectrolyte Adsorbed Layers,” in Current Issues on Multidisciplinary Microscopy Research and Education, Ed. by A. Mendez-Vilas and L. Labajos-Broncano (Formatex, Badajoz, Spain, 2004), pp. 224–241; http://www.formatex.org/microscopy2/papers/224-241.pdf.Google Scholar