High-stable nonvolatile electrically reprogrammable memory on self-formed conducting nanostructures
- 21 Downloads
The results of designing, fabricating, and testing experimental samples of memory matrices whose memory element is based on self-formed conducting nanostructures created in electroformed open “sandwich” structures Si- SiO2-W are given. A possible practical usage of such memory is shown. The unique combination of its consumer properties, e.g., high operating speed, thermal stability, radiation resistance, and potentially high-density data recording, is demonstrated. The possibility of manufacturing the memory matrices by standard silicon technology is shown as well.
KeywordsMemory Cell Conducting Medium Matrix Cell Memory Element Switching Cycle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Mordvintsev, S. E. Kudryavtsev, and V. L. Levin, “Electroforming as a Self-Organization Process of Conducting Nanostructures for Elements of Energy-Independent Electrically Reprogrammable Memory,” submitted to Ross. Nanotekhnol. [Nanotech. Russ.]Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Mordvintsev, and S. E. Kudryavtsev, “Electroforming of Si-SiO2-W Structures with an Exposed Nanometer-Thick SiO2 Layer,” Mikroelektronika 30(5), 353–363 (2001) [Russ. Microelectron. 30 (5), 303–311 (2001)].Google Scholar
- 3.V. M. Mordvintsev, S. E. Kudryavtsev, and V. L. Levin, “Memory Matrix Cell,” RF Patent No. 2 263 373 (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Mordvintsev and S. E. Kudryavtsev, “Energy-Independent Memory Matrix Cell,” RF Patent No. 2 302 058 (2007).Google Scholar
- 5.V. M. Mordvintsev and S. E. Kudryavtsev, “Highly Doped Si-SiO2-W Sandwich Structures with an Exposed Insulator Edge: Electrical Transport and Electroforming,” Mikroelektronika 36(6), 1–14 (2007) [Russ. Microelectron. 36 (6), 371–383 (2007)].Google Scholar
- 6.V. M. Mordvintsev and T. K. Shumilova, “In Situ Control of Etching a Nanometer Dielectric Layer by Measuring the System Admittance,” Mikroelektronika 28(2), 122–133 (1999) [Russ. Microelectron. 28 (2), 114–123 (1999)].Google Scholar
- 7.V. M. Mordvintsev, S. E. Kudryavtsev, and V. L. Levin, “The Qualitative Difference between Mechanisms of Electroforming in Si-SiO2-W Structures Based on n-Si and p-Si,” Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. (St. Petersburg) 39(2), 222–229 (2005) [Semiconductors 39 (2), 206–213 (2005)].Google Scholar