Spectrokinetic study of photochromic transformations of spironaphthopyran metal complexes
- 55 Downloads
Five new metal complexes of 3,3-bis(phenyl)-5-hydroxy-3H-naphtho[2,1-b]pyran with the Pb2+, Zn2+, Ni2+, UO 2 2+ , and Tl2+ ions were synthesized. A comparative spectrokinetic study of photochromic transformations of these complexes and uncoordinated naphthopyran was performed. It was shown that the metal complexes exhibit photochromism properties similar to the reversible phototransformations of the precursor. The differences found in the photochromic transformations are explained by the influence of the metal atom on the conjugated bonds and steric changes in the molecule of the complexes.
Keywordsspironaphthopyran metal complexes photochromic transformations kinetics spectra
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. van Gemert, in Organic Photochromic and Thermochromic Compounds, Ed. by J. C. Crano and R. J. Guglielmetti, Vol. 1 (Plenum, New York, 1999), p. 111.Google Scholar
- 2.J. D. Hepworth and B. Heron, in Progress in Heterocyclic Chemistry, Vol. 17, Ed. by G. Gribble and J. V. Joule (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2005), p. 33.Google Scholar
- 6.L. D. Popov, I. N. Shcherbakov, A. O. Bulanov, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., No. 12, 2340 (2009).Google Scholar
- 7.L. D. Popov, I. N. Shcherbakov, V. A. Kogan, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., No. 5, 950 (2009).Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Barachevskii, O. I. Kobeleva, T. M. Valova, et al., Ross. Khim. Zh. 53(1), 110 (2009).Google Scholar
- 11.Tables of Physical Values. The Manual, Ed. by I. K. Kikoin (Atomizdat, Moscow, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.A. I. Kryukov and S. Ya. Kuchmii, Principles of the Photochemistry of Coordination Compounds (Nauk. Dumka, Kiev, 1990) [in Russian].Google Scholar