The phenomenon of atypical DNA comets
- 62 Downloads
The phenomenon of atypical DNA comets observed in experiments using DNA-comet assay is described and illustrated. The current hypotheses explaining the nature of atypical DNA comets and our own take on the issue are considered. The practical importance of the registration of atypical DNA comets during the assessment of genotoxicity is discussed.
Keywordscomet assay atypical DNA comets apoptosis cytotoxicity genotoxicity oxidative stress DNA damage
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Afanasieva, K.S., Zazhitskaya, M.O., and Sivolob, A.V., Mechanisms of DNA exit during neutral and alkaline comet assay, Tsitol. Genet., 2009, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 3–7.Google Scholar
- Lorenzo, Y., Costa, S., Collins, A., and Azqueta, A., The comet assay, DNA damage, DNA repair and cytotoxicity: hedgehogs are not always dead, Mutagenesis, 2013, vol. 28, pp. 427–432.Google Scholar
- Noda, Y., Sumino, T., Fujisawa, Y., Miyata, N., Kaiya, T., and Kohda, K., 1-Amino-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine and 1-amino-4-phenylpyridinium salt, the 1-amino analogues of neurotoxins, MPTP and MPP+, induce apoptosis in PC12 cells: detection of apoptotic cells by comet assay and flow cytometric analysis, In Vivo, 2004, vol. 18, pp. 561–569.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Rasin, S.V. and Bystritskii, A.A., Khromatin: upakovanny genom (Chromatin: Packed Genome), 3rd ed., Moscow: Binom, 2015.Google Scholar
- Zhanataev, A.K., Nikitina, V.A., Voronina, E.S., and Durnev, A.D., Methodological aspects of DNA damage assessment using comet assay, Priklad. Toksikol., 2011, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 28–37.Google Scholar