This is a brief overview of the so-called “case of Academician Luzin” as well as the mathematical and humanitarian roots of the affair.
KeywordsMathematical Idea Mathematical Community Full Member Soviet Citizen Russian Mathematical Survey
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The Case of Academician Nikolai Nikolaevich Luzin, Ed. by S. S. Demidov and B. V. Levshin (Russian Christian Humanitarian Inst., St. Petersburg, 1999) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.M. A. Lavrentiev, “Nikolai Nikolaevich Luzin (on the 90th Anniversary of His Birth),” Uspekhi Mat. Nauk 29(5), 177–182 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.M. A. Lavrentiev, Science. Progress in Technology. Cadres (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1980) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.A. P. Yushkevich, “The ‘Case’ of Academician N. N. Luzin,” in Science Under Repressions [Nauka, Leningrad, 1991), pp. 377–394.Google Scholar
- 6.P. S. Aleksandroff, “Pages from an Autobiography,” Uspekhi Mat. Nauk 34(6), 219–249 (1979).Google Scholar
- 7.V. M. Tikhomirov, Andrei Nikolaevich Kolmogorov (Nauka, Moscow, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.H. Lebesgue, “Introduction to the Book by N. N. Luzin Lectures on Analytic Sets and Applications,” Uspekhi Mat. Nauk 40(3), 9–14 (1985).Google Scholar
- 9.P. Dugac, “The ‘Case’ of Luzin and French Mathematicians,” Istoriko-Mat. Issledovaniya 5(40), 119–142 (2000).Google Scholar
- 10.V. I. Vernadsky, Dairies. 1935–1941, Book 1: 1935–1938 (Nauka, Moscow, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.L. S. Pontryagin, The Life Description of Lev Semenovich Pontryagin as Compiled by Himself. Born 1908, Moscow (IPE “Prima V,” Moscow, 1998) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.Yu. G. Reshetnyak and S. S. Kutateladze, “A Letter of N. N. Luzin to L. V. Kantorovich,” Vestnik Ross. Akad. Nauk 72(8), 740–742 (2002).Google Scholar
- 13.E. I. Gordon, “Letters from L. S. Pontryagin to I. I. Gordon,” Istoriko-Mat. Issledovaniya 9(44), 27–208 (2005).Google Scholar
- 14.V. D. Esakov, The Academy of Sciences in the Resolutions of the Political Bureau of the Cental Committee of the RCP(B)-AUCP(B)-CPSU. 1922–1952 (The Russian Political Encyclopedia, Moscow, 2000) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.È. I. Kolchinskii, “Science and Condolidation of the Soviet System in the Prewar Years,” in Science and Crises. Historico-Comparative Essays (Dmitrii Bulavin, St. Petersburg, 2003) [in Russian].Google Scholar
© Pleiades Publishing, Ltd. 2007