High-temporal resolution multimode photospectropolarimeter
- 29 Downloads
A hardware and software complex of the MANIA experiment designed to search for and study the photometric variability of astrophysical objects with a temporal resolution of 10−6 s is described. The panoramic photospectropolarimeter uses interchangeable optical units, which allow the observations to be performed in four modes—spectroscopic, spectropolarimetric, photometric, and polarimetric. A coordinate—sensitive detector equipped with a set of microchannel plates is capable of recording flux fluctuations from objects and comparison stars simultaneously in different photometric bands and in different polarization planes. The Quantochron 4–48 data acquisition facility operating on line with a computer acquires observational data with a temporal resolution of 1microsecond. The methods of analysis of panoramic data with high temporal resolution are discussed.
PACS numbers95.55.Cs 95.55.Qf 95.75.Wx
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G. Beskin, V. Plokhotnichenko, V. Debur, and S. Karpov, in Proceedings of the 238 IAU Symposium, Ed. by V. Karas and G. Matt, p. 391 (2007).Google Scholar
- 3.V. G. Debur et al., NIM Elsevier A 513, 127 (2003).Google Scholar
- 4.V. de-Bur et al. (in press).Google Scholar
- 5.V. Plokhotnichenko et al., NIM Elsevier A 513, 167 (2003).Google Scholar
- 8.G. Beskin, S. Karpov, Proceedings of the 238 IAU Symposium, Ed. by V. Karas and G. Matt, p. 159, (2007).Google Scholar
- 9.G. Beskin et al., astro-ph/0709.2552.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Born and E. Wolf, Principles of optics. Electromagnetic theory of propagation, interference and diffraction of light (Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1980).Google Scholar
- 14.A. V. Zuravkov and V. L. Plokhotnichenko, All-Union Research Institute of the State Patent Expert Examination, registr. no.MKI G04F 10/04, 1991.Google Scholar
- 15.V. L. Plokhotnichenko, Candidate’s Dissertation in Mathematics and Physics (Special Astrophysical Observatory, Nizhnij Arkhyz, 1992).Google Scholar
- 17.S. V. Karpov, Candidate’s Dissertation in Mathematics and Physics (Special Astrophysical Observatory, Nizhnij Arkhyz, 2007).Google Scholar