Effects of radiation and thermal conductivity on MHD boundary layer flow with heat transfer along a vertical stretching sheet in a porous medium
- 52 Downloads
A steady two-dimensional free convective flow of a viscous incompressible fluid along a vertical stretching sheet with the effect of magnetic field, radiation and variable thermal conductivity in porous media is analyzed. The nonlinear partial differential equations, governing the flow field under consideration, have been transformed by a similarity transformation into a systemof nonlinear ordinary differential equations and then solved numerically. Resulting non-dimensional velocity and temperature profiles are then presented graphically for different values of the parameters. Finally, the effects of the pertinent parameters, which are of physical and engineering interest, are examined both in graphical and tabular form.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Takhar, H.S., Gorla, R.S.R., and Soundelgekar, V.M., Non-linear One-Step Method for Initial Value Problems, Int. Num. Meth. Heat Fluid Flow, 1996, vol. 6, pp. 22–83.Google Scholar
- 14.Sattar, M.A., Rahman, M.M., and Alam, M.M., Free Convection Flow and Heat Transfer through a Porous Vertical Flat Plate Immersed in a PorousMedium, J. Energy Res.., 2000, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 17–21.Google Scholar
- 18.Chaim, T.C., Heat Transfer in a FluidwithVariable Thermal Conductivity over Stretching Sheet, ActaMech., 1998, vol. 129, pp. 63–72.Google Scholar
- 19.Sharma P.R. and Singh, G., Effects of Variable Thermal Conductivity and Heat Source/Sink onMHD Flow near a Stagnation Point on a Linearly Stretching Sheet, J. Appl. Fluid Mech., 2009, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 13–21.Google Scholar
- 22.Brewster, M.Q., Thermal Radiative Transfer Properties, New York: Wiley, 1992.Google Scholar