Potassium Salt of Fullerenylpenta-N-Dihydroxytyrosine Effects on Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Therapeutic Targets
- 14 Downloads
It was shown for the first time that pentaamino acid derivative of fullerene C60 (potassium salt of fullerenylpenta-N-dihydroxytyrosine) affects three targets of type 2 diabetes mellitus. It competitively inhibits the enzymes aldose reductase and sorbitol dehydrogenase and also has an antiglycation effect on bovine serum albumin. The inhibition constants for these enzymes were calculated.
This work was supported by the program of the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences for 2018–2020 “Nanostructures: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Basics of Technology” and the State assignment no. 0089-2019-0014. The work on the development of synthesis methods and production of the fullerene derivative were supported by the Russian Science Foundation (project no. 19-13-00411).
COMPLIANCE WITH ETHICAL STANDARDS
Conflict of interests. The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
Statement on the welfare of animals. All applicable international, national, and/or institutional guidelines for the care and use of animals were followed.
- 1.World Health Organization, Noncommunicable Diseases Progress Monitor, Geneva: WHO, 2017.Google Scholar
- 2.International Diabetes Federation, Diabetes Atlas, 8th ed., Brussels, Belgium, 2017.Google Scholar
- 3.World Health Organization. Global Report on Diabetes, Geneva: WHO, 2016.Google Scholar
- 5.Zheng, H., Wu, J., Jin, Z., et al., Biochem. Insights, 2016, no. 9, pp. 1–9.Google Scholar
- 8.Kotel’nikova, R.A., Areshidze, D.A., Soldatova, Yu.V., et al., Application pentaamino acid fullerene derivatives as antioxidants and antidiabetics, RF Patent no. 2669341, Byull. Izobret. no. 28, 2018.Google Scholar
- 12.Alekseev, V.V., Meditsinskie laboratornye tekhnologii. Rukovodstvo po klinicheskoi laboratornoi diagnostike (Medical Laboratory Technologies. Manual of Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics), Moscow: GEOTAR-Med, 2013.Google Scholar
- 13.Berezin, I.V. and Klesov, A.A., Prakticheskii kurs khimicheskoi i fermentativnoi kinetiki (A Practical Course of Chemical and Enzymatic Kinetics), Moscow: Mosk. Univ., 1976.Google Scholar
- 14.Chen, Y.F., Roan, H.Y., Lii, C.K., et al., J. Med. Plants Res., 2011, vol. 5, no. 11, pp. 2322–2331.Google Scholar