Spherical robot of combined type: Dynamics and control
This paper is concerned with free and controlled motions of a spherical robot of combined type moving by displacing the center of mass and by changing the internal gyrostatic momentum. Equations of motion for the nonholonomic model are obtained and their first integrals are found. Fixed points of the reduced system are found in the absence of control actions. It is shown that they correspond to the motion of the spherical robot in a straight line and in a circle. A control algorithm for the motion of the spherical robot along an arbitrary trajectory is presented. A set of elementary maneuvers (gaits) is obtained which allow one to transfer the spherical robot from any initial point to any end point.
Keywordsspherical robot control nonholonomic constraint combined mechanism
MSC2010 numbers37J60 70E18 70F25
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Halme, A., Schönberg, T., and Wang, Y., Motion Control of a Spherical Mobile Robot, in Proc. of the 4th IEEE Internat. Workshop on Advanced Motion Control (Mie, Japan, 1996): Vol. 1, pp. 259–264.Google Scholar
- 2.Neimark, Ju. I. and Fufaev, N.A., Dynamics of Nonholonomic Systems, Trans. Math. Monogr., vol. 33, Providence,R.I.: AMS, 1972.Google Scholar
- 6.Bizyaev, I.A., Bolsinov, A.V., Borisov, A.V., and Mamaev, I. S., Topology and Bifurcations in Nonholonomic Mechanics, Internat. J. Bifur. Chaos Appl. Sci. Engrg., 2015, vol. 25, no. 10, 21 pp.Google Scholar
- 14.Crossley, V.A., A Literature Review on the Design of Spherical Rolling Robots, Pittsburgh,Pa., 2006. 6 pp.Google Scholar
- 16.Ylikorpi, T. and Suomela, J., Ball-Shaped Robots, in Climbing and Walking Robots: Towards New Applications, H. Zhang (Ed.), Vienna: InTech, 2007, pp. 235–256.Google Scholar
- 18.Svinin, M., Bai, Y., and Yamamoto, M., Dynamic Model and Motion Planning for a Pendulum-Actuated Spherical Rolling Robot, in Proc. of the 2015 IEEE Internat. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 656–661.Google Scholar
- 19.Ivanova, T. B. and Pivovarova, E. N., Dynamics and Control of a Spherical Robot with an Axisymmetric Pendulum Actuator, arXiv:1511.02655 (2015).Google Scholar
- 20.Zhan, Q., Motion Planning of a Spherical Mobile Robot, in Motion and Operation Planning of Robotic Systems, G. Carbone, F. Gomez-Bravo (Eds.), Cham: Springer, 2015, pp. 361–381.Google Scholar
- 21.Gajbhiye, S. and Banavar, R. N., Geometric Modeling and Local Controllability of a Spherical Mobile Robot Actuated by an Internal Pendulum, Int. J. Robust Nonlinear Control, 2015.Google Scholar
- 26.Borisov, A.V. and Mamaev, I. S., Dynamics of a Rigid Body: Hamiltonian Methods, Integrability, Chaos, 2nd ed., Izhevsk: R&C Dynamics, Institute of Computer Science, 2005 (Russian).Google Scholar