Asymptotic solutions for linear and nonlinear MHD systems with a rapid jump near a surface. dynamics of the surface of the jump and evolution of the magnetic field
- 40 Downloads
We review our recent results concerning the asymptotic solutions for both linear and nonlinearMHD equations.We describe the asymptotic structure of the solution with a rapid jump near a 2D-surface. For the linear system we demonstrate the effect of the instantaneous growth of the solution. We also study the weak limit of the solution and the corresponding generalized problem. For the nonlinear system we describe the asymptotic division into different modes, the free boundary problem for the movement of the surface and the equation on the moving surface for the profile of the asymptotic solution. We also study the possibility of the instantaneous growth of the magnetic field. It appears that the growth is possible only in the case of the so-called degenerate Alfvén modes; the latter appear if the main term of the magnetic field is tangent to the surface of the jump.
KeywordsMHD equations discontinuous solutions free boundary problems dynamo theory growth of the magnetic field
MSC2010 numbers35B40 35D05 35Q 76B
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Arnold, V. I. and Khesin, B.A., Topological Methods in Hydrodynamics, Appl. Math. Sci., vol. 125, New York: Springer, 1998.Google Scholar
- 2.Arnold, V. I., Some Remarks on the Antidynamo Theorem, in Collected Works: Vol. 2, Berlin: Springer, 2014, pp. 387–396. See also: Vestn. Mosk. Univ. Ser. 1 Mat. Mekh., 1982, no. 6, pp. 50–57 (Russian).Google Scholar
- 3.Arnold, V. I. and Korkina, E. I., The Growth of a Magnetic Field in the Three-Dimensional Steady Flow of an Incompressible Fluid, Vestn. Mosk. Univ. Ser. 1 Mat. Mekh., 1983, no. 3, pp. 43–46 (Russian).Google Scholar
- 4.Arnol’d, V. I., Zel’dovich, Ya.B., Ruzmaikin, A. A., and Sokolov, D. D., A Magnetic Field in a Stationary Flow with Stretching in Riemannian Space, JETP, 1981, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 1083–1086; see also: Zh. Èksper. Teoret. Fiz., 1981, vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 2052–2058.Google Scholar
- 9.Moffatt, H.K., Magnetic Field Generation in Electrically Conducting Fluid, Cambridge: Cambridge Univ. Press, 1978.Google Scholar
- 12.Zeldovich, Ya.B., Ruzmaikin, A. A., and Sokoloff, D. D., Magnetic Fields in Astrophysics, New York: Gordon and Breach, 1983.Google Scholar
- 16.Allilueva, A. I. and Shafarevich, A. I., Asymptotic Solutions of the MHD System, Describing Smoothened Discontinuities, Math. Notes, 2016, to appear.Google Scholar
- 20.Shafarevich, A. I., Differential Equations on Graphs That Describe Asymptotic Solutions of Navier — Stokes Equations Localized in a Small Neighborhood of a Curve, Differ. Equ., 1998, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 1124–1134; see also: Differ. Uravn., 1998, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 1119–1130, 11–1.MathSciNetzbMATHGoogle Scholar