Influence of Viscosity of Compositions Based on Dimethacrylate Esters on Kinetics of Their Photopolymerization Initiated by 9,10-Phenanthrenequinone
- 1 Downloads
The kinetics of photopolymerization of compositions based on dimethacrylic oligomers in which the viscosity was varied from 3.1 to 376.7 cSt was investigated (initiator 9,10-phenanthrenequinone) under the influence of visible light. Triethyleneglycol dimethacrylate and dimethacrylates OCM-2 and MDPh-2 were used, as well as solvents methanol and butanol-1. The dependences of the viscosity of dimethacrylate–alcohol compositions on the concentration of components were determined. It was shown that the photoreduction rate of 9,10-phenanthrenequinone in dimethacrylate OCM-2 decreases with the alcohol and acetonitrile addition. It was found that, at the initial stages of the reaction, the dependence of the reduced photopolymerization rate on the initial viscosity of the compositions is described by a saturation curve with the plateau at a viscosity of 80 cSt or more.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Davidson, Exploring the Science, Technology and Application of UV and EB Curing (SITA Technology Ltd., London, 1999).Google Scholar
- 5.Y. G. Medvedevskikh, A. R. Kytsya, L. I. Bazylyak, A. A. Turovsky, and G. E. Zaikov, Stationary Kinetics of the Photoinitiated Polymerization (VSP, Utrecht; Boston, 2004).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Berlin, G. V. Korolev, T. Ya. Kefeli, and Yu. M. Sivergin, Acrylic Oligomers and Related Materials (Khimiya, Moscow, 1983) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.L. A. Sukhareva, Polyether Coatings. Structure and Porperties (Khimiya, Moscow, 1987) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 18.A. A. Berlin, T. Ya. Kefeli, and G. V. Korolev, Polyesteracrylate (Nauka, Moscow, 1967) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 19.J. Gordon and R. A. Ford, The Chemist’s Companion (AWiley Intersci. Publ., J. Wiley and Sons, New York; London; Sydney; Toronto, 1972).Google Scholar
- 20.V. I. Arulin and L. I. Efimov, Tr. Khim. Khim. Tekhnol., No. 2, 74 (1970).Google Scholar
- 21.S. Patai, The Chemistry of the Quinonoid Compounds (Wiley, London; New York; Sydney; Toronto, 1974).Google Scholar
- 26.A. I. Kryukov, V. P. Sherstyuk, and I. I. Dilung, Electron Phototrasnfer and its Application (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1982) [in Russian].Google Scholar