Applicability of the critical chromatography concept to proteomics problems: Dependence of retention time on the sequence of amino acids
- 50 Downloads
A peptide separation model based on the technique of liquid chromatography of macromolecules at the critical condition was proposed. In terms of this model, the array of experimental data on the separation of peptides is considered. The main phenomenological parameters of the model—effective adsorption energies of amino acid residues—were determined, thus allowing the influence of character of their alternation in the chain on retention times to be predicted. The model is applicable to investigation into the feasibility of separation in different chromatographic modes of not only peptides with the same amino acid composition and different sequences of units in the chain but also peptides containing amino acid isomers and mirror sequences with different terminal groups.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. M. Lifshits, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 55, 2408 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.P. G. De Gennes, Scaling Concepts in Polymer Physics (Cornell Univ. Press, Ithaca, 1979; Mir, Moscow, 1982).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Yu. Grosberg and A. R. Khokhlov, Statistical Physics of Macromolecules (Nauka, Moscow, 1989; American Institute of Physics, Ithaca, 1994).Google Scholar
- 6.A. M. Skvortsov, B. G. Belen’kii, E. S. Gankina, and M. B. Tennikov, Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. A 20, 678 (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Gorbunov and A. M. Skvortsov, Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. A 22, 1137 (1980).Google Scholar
- 8.A. V. Gorshkov, V. V. Evreinov, and S. G. Entelis, Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. A 24, 524 (1982).Google Scholar
- 9.A. V. Gorshkov, V. V. Evreinov, and S. G. Entelis, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 272, 632 (1983).Google Scholar
- 10.S. G. Entelis, V. V. Evreinov, and A. V. Gorshkov, Adv. Polym. Sci. 76, 129 (1986).Google Scholar
- 11.S. G. Entelis, V. V. Evreinov, and A. I. Kuzaev, Reactive Oligomers (Khimiya, Moscow, 1985; VSP, Utrecht, 1989).Google Scholar
- 12.H. Pasch and B. Trathnigg, HPLC of Polymers (Springer, Berlin, 1999).Google Scholar
- 13.A. V. Gorshkov and V. V. Evreinov, in Hundred Years of Chromatography (Nauka, Moscow, 2003), p. 136 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.L. R. Snyder, Principles of Adsorption Chromatography (Marcel Dekker, New York, 1968).Google Scholar