Recommissioning the Modernized VEPP-2000 Electron–Positron Collider
- 8 Downloads
The VEPP-2000 electron–positron collider has been operating at the Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics (BINP) since 2010. Applying the concept of round colliding beams allowed the record value of the beam–beam parameter ξ ∼ 0.12 to be reached. The upgrading of the VEPP-2000 complex, including the connection to the new BINP Injection Complex and modification of the electron–position booster and the BEP–VEPP-2000 transfer channels to work at 1 GeV, resulted in a significant increase in luminosity. Work on statistical data collection using detectors is in progress.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Shwartz et al., “Implementation of round colliding beams concept at VEPP-2000,” in Proceedings of the eeFACT’16 Workshop, Daresbury, UK, 2016, pp. 32–38.Google Scholar
- 2.P. Yu. Shatunov, D. E. Berkaev, Yu. M. Zharinov, I.M. Zemlyansky, A. S. Kasaev, A. N. Kyrpotin, I. A. Koop, A. P. Lysenko, A. V. Otboev, E. A. Perevedentsev, V. P. Prosvetov, Yu. A. Rogovsky, A. L. Romanov, A. I. Senchenko, A. N. Skrinsky, Yu. M. Shatunov, and D. B. Shwartz, “Status and perspectives of the VEPP-2000,” Phys. Part. Nucl. Lett. 13, 995 (2016).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.V. V. Danilov et al., “The concept of round colliding beams,” in Proceedings of the European Particle Accelerator Conference EPAC’96, Sitges, Spain, 1996, pp. 1149–1151.Google Scholar
- 4.D. Shwartz, et al., “Recent beam-beam effects and luminosity at VEPP-2000,” in Proceedings of the International Particle Accelerator Conference IPAC’14, Dresden, Germany, 2014, pp. 924–927.Google Scholar
- 6.I. B. Logashenko, “Measurement of hadronic crosssections at VEPP-2000,” PoS(ICHEP2016), 544 (2016).Google Scholar
- 7.D. Shwartz et al., “Booster of electrons and positrons (BEP) upgrade to 1 GeV,” in Proceedings of the International Particle Accelerator Conference IPAC’14, Dresden, Germany, 2014, pp. 102–104.Google Scholar
- 8.D. Shwartz et al., “Recomissioning and perspectives of VEPP-2000 e+e–collider,” PoS(ICHEP2016), 054 (2016).Google Scholar