Magnetic Measurements of Preproduction Twin-Aperture Dipole Magnets for the Nica Collider
- 8 Downloads
The magnetic system of the NICA collider includes 80 twin-aperture superconducting dipole magnets. Measurements of the magnetic-field parameters should be done for both apertures of each collider magnet. This paper describes the methods, the first results of magnetic measurements, and developments of a dedicated system for mass-produced dipole magnets of the NICA collider.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. Kekelidze et al., “Status of the NICA Project at JINR,” in Proceedings of the 23rd Baldin International Seminar on High Energy Physics Problems ISHEPP, Dubna, Russia, pp. 1–9.Google Scholar
- 2.H. G. Khodzhibagiyan et al., “Superconducting magnets for NICA accelerator-collider complex,” IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., 3 (2014).Google Scholar
- 3.H. G. Khodzhibagiyan and A. Smirnov, “The concept of a superconducting magnet system for the nuclotron,” in Proceedings of the Conference ICIC 12, Southampton, p.841.Google Scholar
- 4.M. M. Shandov et al., “Magnetic measurement system for the NICA collider dual dipoles,” in Proceedings of the Russian Particle Accelerator Conference RuPAC 2016, St. Petersburg, Russia, pp. 547–549.Google Scholar
- 5.H. G. Khodzhibagiyan et al., “Superconducting magnets for the NICA accelerator collider project,” IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., 3 (2016).Google Scholar
- 6.A. K. Jain, “Measurements of field quality using harmonic coils,” in Proceedings of the US Particle Accelerator School on Superconducting Magnets, 2001.Google Scholar
- 7.J. P. Gourber, “Philosophy of series measurements,” in Proceedings of the CERN Accelerator School, Montreux, Switzerland, CERN 92–05 (1992), pp. 84–102.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Buzio, “Fabrication and calibration of search coils,” in Proceedings of the CERN Accelerator School CAS, 2009, Specialised Course on Magnets, Bruges, Belgium, 2009, pp. 387–421.Google Scholar
- 12.P. J. Bryant, “Basic theory for magnetic measurements,” in Proceedings of the CERN Accelerator School, Montreux, Switzerland, CERN 92–05 (1992), pp. 52–69.Google Scholar