Project for a Super Charm–Tau Factory at BINP
- 6 Downloads
The construction of an electron–positron collider of the megascience class, referred to as the Super Charm–Tau Factory, is envisaged at the Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics (Novosibirsk). The beam energy will vary between 1 and 2.5 GeV, and the peak luminosity of the machine will reach 1035 cm–2 s–1 owing to the Crab-Waist collision scheme and to high beam currents (up to 2 A). The project provides for a longitudinal polarization of the electron beam in the collision region. The physics agenda includes in-depth studies of the c-quark and tau-lepton properties and a search for beyond-SM physics.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.“A project of Super c-t factory in Novosibirsk,” Conceptual Design Report (2011).Google Scholar
- 4.P. Raimondi and M. Zobov, DAFNE Technical Note G-58 (2003).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Shatilov and M. Zobov, ICFA Beam Dyn. Newslett. 37, 99 (2005).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Samoylov, “200 MeV S-band accelerating module,” Phys. Part. Nucl. Lett. 15 (7) (2018, in press).Google Scholar
- 8.I. Okunev, Superconducting Quadrupole for Final Focus. https://doi.org/ias.ust.hk/program/shared_doc/2017/201701hep/HEP_20170125_Ivan_Okunev.pdf.
- 9.Ya. Derbenev et al., “Radiative polarization: obtaining, Control, Using,” Part. Accel. 8, 115–126 (1978).Google Scholar
- 10.N. Mezentsev et al., “A preliminary report from Louisiana state university CAMD storage ring operating with an 11 pole 7.5 tesla wiggler,” in Proceedings of International Particle Accelerator Conference IPAC 2015, Richmond, VA, USA, IPAC15-TUPJE034.Google Scholar