On the Acceleration of the Particle Flux of Laser Deuterium Plasma in a Fast-Growing Magnetic Field
- 8 Downloads
This paper examines the model of acceleration of the laser plasma, containing ions of heavy hydrogen, by a rapidly growing magnetic field for neutron generation. The calculation results for the acceleration of a laser plasma bunch at the time of its formation are presented. The calculations were carried out for a toroidal plasma bunch formed by a focused laser pulse into a thin ring of radius r on the surface of a solid target containing deuterium and displaced relative to the geometric center of the annular conductor at the distance z towards the laser. The proposed model is quite general in nature, since any azimuthally symmetric plasma formation can be represented as a set of similar toroidal enlarged plasma particles.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. S. Tsybin, K. I. Kozlovskii, A. Yu. Kuznetsov, and A. E. Shikanov, “The laser plasma accelerator for radiation physics research,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Radiation Physics and Chemistry of Inorganic Materials, 2003, Tomsk, Russia, pp. 511–514.Google Scholar
- 2.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Course of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 8: Electrodynamics of Continuous Media (Nauka, Moscow, 1982; Pergamon, New York, 1984), rus. p.164.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Hora, Physics of Laser Driven Plasmas (Wiley, NewYork, 1981; Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1986), pp. 37–38.Google Scholar
- 4.F. Chen, Introduction to Plasma Physics (Springer, NewYork, 1984).Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Boiko, O. N. Krokhin, and G. V. Sklizkov, “Investigation of the parameters and dynamics of a laser plasma in the case of sharp radiation focusing on a solid target,” Tr. FIAN SSSR 76, 186–228 (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.O. N. Krokhin, “High temperature and plasma phenomena by laser radiation,” in Proceedings of the International School on Physics, New York, 1971, pp. 278–305.Google Scholar
- 7.I. I. Vergun, K. I. Kozlovskii, Yu. P. Kozyrev, A. S. Tsybin, and A. E. Shikanov, “Study of an intense laser source of deuterons,” Sov. Tech. Phys. 24, 1130 (1979).Google Scholar