The New DC-280 Cyclotron. Status and Road Map
- 7 Downloads
The status of the project of the DC-280 cyclotron is presented. The DC-280 will be the basic facility of the Super Heavy Element Factory which is being created at the FLNR JINR. The energy of the ions extracted from the cyclotron will be vary from 4 up to 8 MeV/amu. The expected ion beam intensity at DC-280 extraction is 10 pμA for ions with masses of 50–60. The main parts of the DC-280 are already made and are being assembled. In according to FLNR plans the cyclotron has to be assembled in the period from 2016 to 2017. The cyclotron commissioning will be in 2018.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Gulbekyan, B. Gikal, S. N. Dmitriev, S. L. Bogomolov, O. N. Borisov, I. A. Ivanenko, N. Yu. Kazarinov, V. I. Kazacha, I. V. Kalagin, N. F. Osipov, A. V. Tikhomirov, and J. Franko, “Development of FLNR JINR heavy ion accelerator complex in the next 7 years. Project of new DC-280 cyclotron,” in Proceedings of the Particle Accelerator Conference PAC 2011, San-Sebastian, Spain, 2011, pp. 2700–2702.Google Scholar
- 2.G. G. Gulbekian, B. N. Gikal, V. V. Bekhterev, S. L. Bogomolov, A. A. Efremov, I. A. Ivanenko, N.Yu. Kazarinov, I. V. Kalagin, V. N. Melnikov, N. F. Osipov, S. V. Prokhorov, A. V. Tikhomirov, and M. V. Khabarov, “The project of the HV axial injection for the DC-280 cyclotron at the JINR FLNR,” in Proceedings of the Russian Particle Accelerator Conference RUPAC 2014, Obninsk, Russia, 2014, pp. 333–335.Google Scholar
- 3.V. Bekhterev, S. Bogomolov, A. Efremov, and N. Konev, “Development of the magnetic system for new DECRIS-PM ion source,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on ECR Ion Sources ECRIS-14, Nijniy Novgorod, Russia, 2014.Google Scholar
- 4.G. Gulbekian, B. Gikal, I. Ivanenko, and N. Kazarinov, “DC-280 cyclotron central region with independent flat-top system,” in Proceedings of the Particle Accelerator Conference PAC 2011, San-Sebastian, Spain, 2011, pp. 2703–2705.Google Scholar
- 5.G. G. Gulbekyan, B. N. Gikal, G. N. Ivanov, I. V. Kalagin, V. I. Kazacha, N. Yu. Kazarinov, M. V. Khabarov, V. N. Melnikov, N. F. Osipov, A. V. Tikhomirov, and Y. G. Teterev, “The project of the beam transportation lines for the DC-280 cyclotron at the JINR FLNR,” in Proceedings of the Russian Particle Accelerator Conference RUPAC-2014, Obninsk, Russia, 2014, pp. 336–338.Google Scholar