Status and Prospects of VEPP-5 Injection Complex
- 7 Downloads
Since 2016, the VEPP-5 injection complex has been supplying the VEPP-4M and the VEPP-2000 colliders with electrons and positrons through the K-500 transport channel. By now the injection complex has demonstrated the capability to support the routine operation of both colliders. Nevertheless, work is actively continuing to improve the stability and efficiency of the facility. In this paper, a description of the injection complex, its operation experience, and prospects are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. Shatunov, O. Belikov, D. Berkaev, K. Gorchakov, A. Kasaev, A. Kirpotin, I. Koop, A. Krasnov, A. Lysenko, S. Motygin, V. Prosvetov, D. Rabusov, A. Semenov, Yu. Shatunov, M. Timoshenko, I. Zemlyansky, Yu. Zharinov, D. Shwartz, E. Perevedentsev, Yu. Rogovsky, and A. Senchenko, “High luminosity at VEPP-2000 collider with new injector,” in Proceedings of International Particle Accelerator Conference IPAC’17, Copenhagen, Denmark.Google Scholar
- 3.P. A. Piminova, G. N. Baranov, A. V. Bogomyagko, D. E. Berkaev, V. M. Borin, V. L. Dorokhov, S. E. Karnaev, V. A. Kiselev, E. B. Levichev, O. I. Meshkov, S. I. Mishnev, S. A. Nikitin, I. B. Nikolaev, S. V. Sinyatkin, P. D. Vobly, K. V. Zolotarev, and A. N. Zhuravlev, “Synchrotron radiation research and application at VEPP-4,” Phys. Proc. 84, 19–26 (2016).ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.P. A. Piminov, “Status of the electron-positron collider VEPP-4,” in Proceedings of International Particle Accelerator Conference IPAC’17, Copenhagen, Denmark.Google Scholar
- 5.D. Berkaev, A. Andrianov, K. Astrelina, V. Balakin, A. Batrakov, O. Belikov, M. Blinov, D. Bolkhovityanov, A. Butakov, E. Bykov, N. Dikansky, F. Emanov, A. Frolov, V. Gambaryan, K. Gorchakov, et al., “VEPP-5 injection complex: two colliders operation experience,” in Proceedings of International Particle Accelerator Conference IPAC’17, Copenhagen, Denmark.Google Scholar
- 6.F. Emanov, A. Andrianov, K. Astrelina, V. V. Balakin, A. Barnyakov, O. V. Belikov, D. E. Berkaev, M. Blinov, Yu. M. Boimelshtain, D. Bolkhovityanov, A. G. Chupyra, N. S. Dikansky, A. R. Frolov, Ye. A. Gusev, G. Karpov, et al., “Feeding binp colliders with the new VEPP-5 injection complex,” in Proceedings of the Russian Particle Accelerator Conference RuPAC2016, St. Petersburg, Russia.Google Scholar