Symmetric Lattice for the NICA Collider
- 7 Downloads
A new NICA collider lattice with the symmetric arrangement of triplets at the interaction points and a shifted working point (Qx,y ∼ 9.1) is proposed and calculated. This lattice involves two rings (ring A and ring B) with a superperiodicity of 2 and different optics. It is shown that, while maintaining the nominal beta function at the interaction points (βx,y= 0.35 m) with allowance for all perturbing factors, the new lattice allows DA ∼ 75 mm to be obtained in both rings, which is considerably larger than the collider chamber acceptance (ACC = 40 mm mrad).
Keywordsaccelerator collider lattice dynamic aperture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. N. Meshkov, “NICA project at JINR,” Report presented on 11th International Workshop on Beam Cooling and Related Topics, Alushta, 2011.Google Scholar
- 2.Eu. B. Levichev and P. A. Piminov, “Analytic estimation of the non-linear tune shift due to the quadrupole magnet fringe field,” Preprint BINP 2000–014 (Budker Inst. Nucl. Phys., Novosibirsk, 2000).Google Scholar
- 3.A. E. Bol’shakov and P. R. Zenkevich, “Influence of edge fields on particle dynamics in the collider NICA,” Report presented on Sarantsev’ Symposium, Alushta, 2017.Google Scholar
- 4.W. Herr, “Particle tracking with MAD-X including LHC beam-beam interactions,” LHC Project Note No. 344 (CERN, 2004).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Giovannozzi et al., in Proceedings of the Particle Accelerator Conference, Vancouver, May 12–16, 1997.Google Scholar