The temperature stability of 0.005°C for the concrete floor in the CERN Transfer Tunnel #1 hosting the Precision Laser Inclinometer
- 13 Downloads
To reach a sensitivity level of ~10–9 rad for the Precision Laser Inclinometer (PLI) for the registration of the Earth surface angular oscillation in the low frequency band of [10–6 Hz; 1 Hz] the temperature stability of the CERN Transfer Tunnel #1 has been investigated. The daily temperature variation was 0.082°C for the air and 0.005°C for the concrete floor. The last result opened the possibility to observe the Earth surface inclination caused by Moon and Sun if the PLI is thermally stabilized by the massive monolithic concrete floor of the tunnel.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. L. Tolstikhina, R. V. Gainutdinov, M. L. Zanaveskin, K. L. Sorokina, N. V. Belugina, Yu. V. Grishchenko, and V. D. Shestakov, “Clean boxes with artificial climate for atomic force microscopy: new possibilities for the diagnosis of nanoscale objects,” Microelectronics 38, 122–129 (2009).Google Scholar
- 3.D. S. Gromova, “Thermal protection and thermal stabilization of fiber-optical gyroscope included in strapdown inertial navigation system,” Sci. Tech. J. Inform. Technol. Mech. Opt., No. 2 (2014).Google Scholar
- 5.V. Batusov et al., “Recent advances and perspectives of the high precision laser metrology,” Report presented at the Workshop CLIC 2014, Feb. 3–7, 2014, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland, JINR Preprint E13-2014-21 (JINR, Dubna, 2014).Google Scholar
- 7.N. Azaryan, V. Batusov, J. Budagov, V. Glagolev, M. Lyablin, G. Trubnikov, G. Shirkov, J.-Ch. Gayde, B. di Girolamo, D. Mergelkuhl, and M. Nessi, “The precision laser inclinometer long-term measurement in thermo-stabilized conditions (first experimental data),” Phys. Part. Nucl. Lett. 12, 532–535 (2015).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Physical Values, Handbook (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1991) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.http://en-us.fluke.com/products/digital-multimeters/ fluke-287-digital-multimeter.html.Google Scholar
- 12.http://www.rudshel.ru/board_with_ISA.html.Google Scholar