Increase in the detection efficiency for the KL0 → π0νν̃ decay in the E391 experiment
- 14 Downloads
One of the main aims of the Е391 experiment data analysis is to attain the calculated level of the setup sensitivity to the rare KL0 → π0νν̃ decay. To this end, we have performed a repeated analysis of the collected data, which has resulted in a 65% increase in sensitivity when compared to the standard E391 data analysis. In this work we present the main concept of the data re-analysis that has allowed an increase in the E391 setup sensitivity and describe in general the methods used.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. J. Buras, “CP violation and rare decays of K and B mesons,” arXiv:hep-ph/9905437 (1999).Google Scholar
- 2.A. J. Buras, D. Buttazzo, J. Girrbach-Noe, and R. Knegjens, “K +→π+νῦ and K L→π0νῦ in the standard model: status and perspectives,” arXiv:1503.02693 [hep-ph] (2015).Google Scholar
- 3.T. Inagaki et al. (E391a Collab.), “KEK-E391 proposal 1996,” KEK-Internal 96-13 (1996).Google Scholar
- 6.V. S. Medvedev and V. G. Potemkin, Neuron Networks. MATLAB6 (Dialog-MIFI, Moscow, 2002) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.N. V. Maksimenko, A. S. Kurilin, S. V. Podolsky, V. V. Andreev, A. A. Yuchko, K. S. Babich, and Yu. Yu. Stepanenko, “New method for the cuts threshold optimization in the E391 experiment: conception and current implementation,” Probl. Phys. Math. Tech., No. 3, 22–24 (2010). www.mathnet.ru/eng/pfmt179.Google Scholar
- 8.H. Morii, “Experimental study of the decay K L 0→π0νῦ,” PhD Thesis (Kyoto Univ., 2010).Google Scholar
- 9.J. Comfort et al. (E14 Collab.), Proposal for K L 0→π0νῦ Experiment at J-Parc. http://j-parc.jp/researcher/Hadron/en/pac_0606/pdf/p14-Yamanaka.pdf. Cited 2006.Google Scholar