The optical module of Baikal-GVD
- 14 Downloads
In April 2015, the first cluster of Baikal-GVD was deployed in Lake Baikal and put into operation. It comprises eight strings. Each string consists of 24 optical modules. An optical module is a detection element of Baikal-GVD; it includes a Hamamatsu R7081-100 photomultiplier tube with a high quantum sensitivity. We describe the design of the optical module, the front-end electronics, and the laboratory characterization and calibration.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Zh. Dzhilkibaev et al. (Baikal Collab.), “Status of the BAIKAL neutrino experiment,” Bull. Russ. Acad. Sci.: Phys. 75, 414–415 (2011).Google Scholar
- 10.V. Aynutdinov et al. (Baikal Collab.), “Prototype string for a km3 Baikal neutrino telescope,” in Proceedings of Roma International Conference on Astro-Particle Physics, Roma, Italy, June 20–22, 2007.Google Scholar
- 11.A. Avrorin et al. (Baikal Collab.), “Data acquisition system for a km3-scale Baikal neutrino telescope,” in Proceedings of the 32nd International Cosmic Ray Conference, Beijing, China, 2011.Google Scholar
- 14.D. A. Leahy et al. (DUMAND Collab.), “Optical module for DUMAND II -japanese version,” in Proceedings of the 23rd International Cosmic Ray Conference, Alberta, Canada, July 19–30, 1993, p.546.Google Scholar
- 19.K. J. Ma, W. G. Kang, J. K. Ahn, S. Choi, Y. Choi, M. J. Hwang, J. S. Jang, E. J. Jeon, K. K. Joo, H. S. Kim, J. Y. Kim, S. B. Kim, S. H. Kim, W. Kim, Y. D. Kim, et al., “Time and amplitude of afterpulse measured with a large size photomultiplier tube,” Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res. A 629, 93–100 (2011).ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 20.A. Avrorin et al. (Baikal Collab.), “Time and amplitude calibration of the Baikal-GVD neutrino telescope,” in Proceedings of the 34th International Cosmic Ray Conference, The Hague, The Netherlands, July 30–August 6, 2015.Google Scholar