Organization of silver nanoclusters in porous glass bulk by laser irradiation
- 35 Downloads
The structure modification in the bulk of plates of photochromic porous glass (PCPG) containing 0.28 wt % Ag2O under the action of laser irradiation of a near IR-range with a power density of 0.6–1.9 MW/cm2 and irradiation duration of 5–20 s is carried out. Locally modified structure regions are composed of the central and edge parts with a different content of silver nanoclusters and different density of the porous matrix. It is found that the size of the modified regions is much larger than the size of the focused laser beam, which can be associated with the thermophysical peculiarities of the material and the conditions of its laser-induced heating. The dynamics of the variation in the size of the modified region and its parts depending on the duration of the irradiation are studied.
Keywordsporous glass optical material photosensitive material laser irradiation nanoclusterization thermodiffusion optical properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Antropova, T.V., Inorganic functional glass-forming materials based on eliminating alkali-borosilicate systems, in IKhS RAN–80 let. Sovremennye problemy neorganicheskoi khimii (Institute of Silicate Chemistry RAS— 80 Years from Foundation, Current Problems of Inorganic Chemistry), Shevchenko, V.Ya., Ed., St. Petersburg: Art.-Ekspress, 2016, pp. 117–137.Google Scholar
- 7.Dotsenko, A.V., Glebov, L.B., and Tsechomsky, V.A., Physics and Chemistry of Photochromic Glasses, Laser and Optical Science and Technology Series, Boca Raton, FL: CRC, 1998.Google Scholar
- 9.Girsova, M.A., Synthesis, structure and spectral optical properties of composite materials on the base of porous glasses containing silver halides or bismuth oxides, Cand. Sci. (Chem.) Dissertation, St. Petersburg, 2015.Google Scholar
- 10.Rabinovich, V.A. and Khavin, Z.Ya., Kratkii khimicheskii spravochnik (Concise Chemical Handbook), Leningrad: Khimiya, 1977.Google Scholar
- 11.Sergeev, M.M. and Kostyuk, G.K., Laser-induced formation of modified regions of extended shape in the volume of porous glass impregnated with silver salts, Steklo Keram., 2014, no. 4, pp. 7–13.Google Scholar