Optical silica glass based on super quartzites from the Eastern Sayan Mountains
- 33 Downloads
The results of examining high-purity quartzites retrieved from the Eastern Sayan Mountains (namely, the Bural–Sardag deposit), extracting ultra-high purity quartz concentrates from them, and depositing silica glass using the vacuum-compression method are reported. The flowsheet for their beneficiation is elaborated. The characteristics of quartz concentrates and silica glass based on them are provided.
Keywordsquartz quartzites super quartzites crystallization silica glass quartz ceramics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Serykh, N.M. and Frolov, A.A., From the history of development of work sectors on piezooptic, quartz and gemstone raw materials, Razved. Okhr. Nedr, 2007, no. 10, pp. 2–9.Google Scholar
- 2.Aksenov, E.M., Bydtaeva, N.G., Bur’yan, Yu.I., Kolmogorov, Yu.G., Nepryakhin, A.E., and Nigmatov, I.N., Perspectives of using of Russia quartz raw materials in high tech, Razved. Okhr. Nedr, 2015, no. 9, pp. 57–66.Google Scholar
- 3.Vorob’ev, E.I., Spiridonov, A.M., Nepomnyashchikh, A.I., and Kuz’min, M.I., Superpure quartzites of the Eastern Sayan (Burayt Republic, Russia), Dokl. Earth Sci., 2003, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 497–500.Google Scholar
- 5.Kuz’michev, A.B., Tektonicheskaya istoriya Tuvino- Mongol’skogo massiva: rannebaikal’skii, pozdnebaikal’skii i rannekaledonskii etapy (Tectonic Hystory of Tuva-Mongolian Massif: Early Baikal, Late Baikal, and Early Caledonian Stages), Moscow: PROBEL-2000, 2004.Google Scholar
- 6.Kreisberg, V.A., Rakcheev, V.P., Serykh, N.M., and Borisov, L.A., Diagnostics of gas-liquid impurities in quartz using mass-spectrometric method, Razved. Okhr. Nedr, 2007, no. 10, pp. 12–18.Google Scholar
- 7.Zhaboedov, A.P., Nepomnyashchikh, A.I., and Seredkin, E.A., Phase transitions in quartz rock deposits of Bural-Sardyk, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Prikl. Khim. Biotekhnol., 2015, no. 4, pp. 57–62.Google Scholar
- 8.GOST (State Standard) no. 15130-86, Quartz optical glass, General technical conditions.Google Scholar
- 9.Technical conditions TU 1-596-476-2011, Tubes and rods from quartz glass.Google Scholar