The effect of NH4F and NH4OH on the structure and physical properties of thin SnO2 films synthesized by the sol-gel method
- 110 Downloads
Undoped films and films with the addition of NH4F and NH4OH have been prepared by layer precipitation of solutions on glass substrates by sol-gel technology with the use of centrifugation. It has been shown via X-ray diffraction that all films under study are composed of SnO2 nanocrystals. Measurements of surface resistance confirmed the presence of fluorine atoms in the films that were prepared from the solutions with NH4F. Scanning electron microscopy has demonstrated the formation of a dendrite structure and an increase in film porosity with the addition of NH4F and NH4OH to the film-forming solution. Addition of NH4F and NH4OH to the solution has resulted in the increase of the gas sensitivity of the films; however, it has been accompanied by a decrease in film transparency and the disappearance of interference peaks in the transmittance spectra.
Keywordstin dioxide thin films fluorine doping sol-gel method ethanol sensitivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Andreev, A.A. and Levashov, A.S., Method for preparation of tin dioxide thin films, RF Patent 2446233, 2013.Google Scholar
- 3.Galibroda, R., Design and fabrication of a miniature inorganic ultraviolet light-emitting diode. http:/sfiz.ru/page.php?al=sozdan-miniatjurnyj-neor&ratings=1
- 4.Kurin, N.P. and Rudyuk, N.T., Investigation of the activity of chromium-tin catalysts for oxidation of SO2 into SO3, Izv. Tomsk. Politekh. Univ., 2003, vol. 306, no. 7, pp. 53–62.Google Scholar
- 6.Jin Zhao, Ukshe, A.E., Leonova, L.S., Chub, A.V., Frolova, L.A., and Dobrovolsky, Yu.A., Composite catalytic systems based on the platinized heteropolycom-pounds with addition of electronic conductors for low-temperature hydrogen-air fuel cells, ISJAEE, 2010, no. 12, pp. 37–49.Google Scholar
- 7.Pronin, I.A., Controlled synthesis of tin dioxide gassensitive films prepared by the sol-gel method, Molodoi Uchenyi, 2012, no. 5, pp. 57–60.Google Scholar
- 8.Durrani, S.M.A., Al-Kuhaili, M.F., Bakhtiari, I.A., and Haider, M.B., Investigation of the carbon monoxide gas sensing characteristics of tin oxide mixed cerium oxide thin films, Sensors, 2012, no. 12(3), pp. 2598–2609.Google Scholar
- 9.Sevastyanov, E.Yu., Maksimova, N.K., Novikov, V.A., Rudov, F.V., Sergeychenko, N.V., and Chernikov, E.V., Effect of Pt, Pd, and Au additives on the surface and in the bulk of tin dioxide thin films on the electrical and gas-sensitive properties, Semiconductors, 2012, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 801–809.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Sutichai Chaisitsak, Nanocrystalline SnO2: F thin films for liquid petroleum gas sensors, Sensors, 2011, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 7127–7140.Google Scholar
- 14.Mukhamedshina, D.M., Beisenkhanov, N.B., Mit’, K.A., Valitova, I.V., and Botvin, V.A., Influence of hydrogen plasma treatment on the structure and optical properties of tin oxides thin film produced by magnetron sputtering, High Temp. Mat. Proc., 2005, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 307–319.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.Mukhamedshina, D.M., Mit’, K.A., Beisenkhanov, N.B., Dmitriyeva, E.A., and Valitova, I.V., Influence of plasma treatments on the microstructure and electrophysical properties of SnOx thin films synthesized by magnetron sputtering and sol-gel technique, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron., 2008, vol. 19, pp. 382–387.Google Scholar
- 20.Kawashima, T., Matsui, H., Goto, K., and Tanabe, N., Heat-resistant double-layered TCO, Fujikura Tech. Rev., 2004, vol. 33, pp. 44–47.Google Scholar