Synthesis, structure, and properties of vanadium pentoxide nanotubes
Vanadium oxide nanotubes are synthesized by the hydrothermal method with the use of polycrystalline vanadium oxide V2O5 and 1-hexadecylamine as a structural template. The structure of the vanadium oxide nanotubes is investigated using small-angle X-ray diffraction and transmission electron microscopy. It is demonstrated that the structure of the vanadium oxide nanotubes is characterized by a combination of fragments with different interlayer distances associated with the twisting of oxide layers in the form of “nanorolls.” The thermal stability, morphology, and surface properties of the nanotubes, as well as the role of the organic template in the formation of their structure, are discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Volkov, V.L., Zakharova, G.S., and Kuznetsova, M.V., New Vanadium Oxide Tubules: Synthesis and Properties, Zh. Neorg. Khim., 2004, vol. 49, no. 7, pp. 1165–1169 [Russ. J. Inorg. Chem. (Engl. transl.), 2004, vol. 49, no. 7, pp. 1068–1072].Google Scholar
- 5.Zakharova, G.S., Volkov, V.L., Ivanovskaya, V.V., and Ivanovskii, A.L., Nanotrubki i rodstvennye nanostruktury oksidov metallov (Metal Oxide Nanotubes and Related Nanostructures), Yekaterinburg: Ural Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2005 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.Setterfield, Ch., Heterogeneous Catalysis in Practice, New York: McGraw-Hill, 1980. Translated under the title Prakticheskii kurs geterogennogo kataliza, Moscow: Mir, 1984.Google Scholar
- 10.Svergun, D.I. and Feigin, L.A., Rentgenovskoe i neitronnoe malouglovoe rasseyanie (Small-Angle X-Ray Scattering and Small-Angle Neutron Scattering), Moscow: Nauka, 1986 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.Kazitsyna, L.A. and Kupletskaya, N.B., Primenenie UF-, IK-i YaMR-spektroskopii v organicheskoi khimii (Application of UV, IR, and NMR Spectroscopy in Organic Chemistry), Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 1971 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.Pyoryshkov, D.V., Grigorieva, A.V., Goodilin, E.A., Semenenko, D.A., Volkov, V.V., Dembo, K.A., and Tretyakov, Yu.D., Effect of Preparation Conditions on the Ordering of Structural Elements in Vanadium Pentoxide Xerogels, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khimiya., 2006, vol. 406, no. 1, pp. 9–13 [Dokl. Chem. (Engl. transl.), 2006, vol. 406, no. 1, pp. 9–13].Google Scholar
- 14.Nakamoto, K., Infrared Spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds, New York: Wiley, 1963. Translated under the title Infrakrasnye spektry neorganicheskikh i koordinatsionnykh soedinenii, Moscow: Mir, 1966.Google Scholar