On the Reaction of Malononitrile with Acetylacetone
- 16 Downloads
The reaction of malononitrile with acetylacetone in alkaline medium afforded a mixture of 2-amino-4,6-dimethylbenzene-1,3-dicarbonitrile and 4,6-dimethyl-2-oxo-1,2-dihydropyridine-3-carbonitrile, whereas only the latter was formed in alcoholic medium in the absence of a catalyst. The alkylation of 4,6-dimethyl-2-oxo-1,2-dihydropyridine-3-carbonitrile with allyl bromide gave a mixture of N- and O-allyl derivatives.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hull, R., J. Chem. Soc., 1951, p. 1136.Google Scholar
- 2.Gudrinietse, E.Yu. and Rigerte, B.A., SU Patent no. 521 260, 1976; Ref. Zh., Khim., 1977, no. 21 N 220.Google Scholar
- 3.NIST 0.8 Mass Spectral Library, 2008.Google Scholar
- 5.Guareschi, I., Chem. Zentralbl., 1899, vol. 70, no. 1, p. 289.Google Scholar
- 6.Kim, D.G. and Berdnikova, E.V., Vestn. Yuzhno-Ural. Gos. Univ., Ser. Khim., 2012, vol. 24, p. 13.Google Scholar