Study of the Influence Exerted by Zinc Additive on the Structure and Catalytic Properties of Pd/Al2O3 Catalysts for Liquid-Phase Hydrogenation of Acetylene
- 12 Downloads
Effect of the phase composition of aluminum oxide [γ- and (δ + θ) phase] and introduction of zinc additives on the catalytic properties of 0.5% Pd/Al2O3 systems in the reaction of liquid-phase hydrogenation of acetylene into ethylene under an elevated pressure in a flow-through mode was studied. An increase in the activity of the Pd catalyst upon modification with zinc is only observed in the case of a system supported by the mixed phase of (δ + θ) aluminum oxide. XAFS spectroscopy was used to find that the increase in the activity and selectivity with respect to ethylene (in the presence of carbon monoxide) on the (0.5% Pd–0.62% Zn)/(δ + θ)-Al2O3 catalyst is correlated with the formation of the PdZn intermetallic compound.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.US Patent 8 445 739V2 (publ. 2013).Google Scholar
- 2.US Patent 8 410 015V2 (publ. 2013).Google Scholar
- 3.US Patent 7 208 647V2 (publ. 2007).Google Scholar
- 4.US Patent 8 460 937V2 (publ. 2013).Google Scholar
- 5.Temkin, O.N., Atsetilen–khimiya, mekhanizmy reaktsii, tekhnologiya (Acetylene: Chemistry, Reaction Mechanisms, Technology), Moscow: Khimiya, 1991.Google Scholar
- 11.Tew, M.W., Emerich, H., and van Bokhoven, J.A., J. Phys. Chem., 2011, vol. 115S, no. 17, pp. 8457–8465.Google Scholar
- 16.Ivanova, A.S., Promyshlennyi kataliz v lektsiyakh (Industrial Catalysis in Lectures), Moscow: Kalvis, 2008, no. 8, pp. 7–62.Google Scholar
- 18.Mironenko, O.O., Temerev, V.L., Smirnova, N.S., et al., Khim. Interesakh Ustoich. Razvit., 2016, vol. 24, pp. 41–47.Google Scholar