Photocatalytic activity and physicochemical characteristics of modified potassium polytitanates in the reaction of decomposition of aqueous-alcoholic solutions
Study of the photocatalytic activity of nanomaterials based on potassium polytitanate modified with transition metal ions (Ni2+, Cr3+, Cu2+) demonstrated that the cation composition, morphology of photocatalyst particles, and their size strongly affect the photocatalytic activity. The rate of the photoinduced hydrogen evolution from the aqueous-alcoholic solution grows in the series of potassium polytitanates modified with Cu2+, Ni2+, Cr3+ ions, and that from pure water, for potassium polytitanates modified with Ni2+,Cr3+, Cu2+ ions. The capacity for intercalation of water into the interlayer space does not strongly affect the rate of the photoinduced hydrogen evolution. It was shown that potassium polytitanate modified with Cr3+ ions has the maximum quantum efficiency (30%).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Vorontsov, A.V., Kozlova, E.A., Besov, A.S., et al., Kinet. Kataliz, 2010, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 829–836.Google Scholar
- 5.Kozlova, E.A., Rempel’, A.A., Valeeva, A.A., et al., Kinet. Kataliz, 2015, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 521–530.Google Scholar
- 6.Klauson, D., Budarnaya, O., Stepanova, K., et al., Kinet. Kataliz, 2014, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 50–56.Google Scholar
- 7.Vakhrushev, A.Yu., Gorbunova, V.V., Boitsova, T.B., and Stozharov, V.M., Zh. Obshch. Khim., 2016, vol. 86, no. 4, pp. 603–608.Google Scholar
- 11.Tret’yachenko, E.V., Gorokhovskii, A.B., and Yurkov, G.Yu., Nanotekhnika, 2012, no. 3, pp. 56–59.Google Scholar
- 12.Tret’yachenko, E.V., Smirnova, O.A., Nikityuk, T.V., et al., Bashk. Khim. Zh., 2012, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 38–41.Google Scholar