Determination of the integral toxicity of water in terms of biotesting with a multisensor system sensitive to individual toxicants
Possibility of applying a multisensor potentiometric system of the type of the “electronic tongue” as a method for evaluating the toxicity of a water medium is considered. The multisensor system is preliminarily calibrated against samples with a known toxicity, determined by the biotesting method with the use of living organisms. It is shown that the thus obtained system is suitable for evaluating the quality of water samples in terms of the response of various test objects without direct use of living organisms.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Legin, A., Rudnitskaya, A., and Lvova, L., Analit. Chem., 2003, vol. 484, pp. 33–44.Google Scholar
- 3.Baldacci, S., Matsuno, T., and Toko, K., Sensor Materials, 1998, vol. 10, pp. 185–200.Google Scholar
- 5.Kikkawa, Y., Toko, K., and Yamafuji, K., Sensor Materials, 1993, vol. 5, pp. 83–90.Google Scholar
- 6.Legin, A., Rudnitskaya, A., and Seleznev, B., Acta Horticulturae (ISHS), 2004, vol. 634, no. 183, pp. 183–191.Google Scholar
- 8.Legin, A., Rudnitskaya, A., and Seleznev, B., Artificial Chemical Sensing: Olfaction and the Electronic Nose (ISOEN 2001), Stetter, J.R. and Penrose, W.R., Eds., The Electrochem. Soc. Inc. USA, Proc, vol. 2001–15, 2001, p. 114.Google Scholar
- 13.Butterworth, F.M., Gunatilaka, A., and Gonsebatt, M.E., Biomonitors, Biomarkers as Indicators of Environmental Change 2, New York: Kluwer Acad. Plenum Publ., 2000, p. 508.Google Scholar
- 14.RD (Regulative Document) 118-02-90. Methodological manual of water biotesting, Moscow: Goskomprirody SSSR, 1991.Google Scholar
- 15.Kokova, V.E., Nepreryvnoe kul’tivirovanie bespozvonochnykh (Continuous Cultivation of Invertebrates), Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1982.Google Scholar