Synthesis of a sulfur-containing additive to transmission lubricants based on the C20-C26 fraction of α-olefins
A sulfur-containing additive containing 15 wt % of chemically bound sulfur was obtained by the reaction of the C20–C26 fraction of α-olefins with elementary sulfur, and optimal conditions of its synthesis were determined. It was found that this additive can be recommended for transmission lubricants of the SAE GL 80W-90, API GL-4 (TM 4–12) quality group.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kuliev, A.M., Khimiya i tekhnologiya prisadok k maslam i toplivam (Chemistry and Technology of Additives to Lubricants and Fuels), Leningrad: Khimiya, 1985.Google Scholar
- 2.Topliva, smazochnye materialy, tekhnicheskie zhidkosti: Assortiment i primenenie (Fuels, Lubricants, Technical Liquids: Assortment and Application), Shkol’nikov, V.M., Ed., Moscow: Tekhinform, 1999.Google Scholar
- 3.Masla, smazki, smazochno-okhlazhdayushchie tekhnologicheskie sredstva: spravochnik produktsii (Oils, Lubricants, Oil-Cooling Technological Tools: Product Catalogue), Gumennyi, V.I., Ed., Berdyansk: TPK “Agrinol,” 2010.Google Scholar
- 4.RF Patent 2148617.Google Scholar
- 5.Popov, Yu.V., Ledenev, S.M., and Nagin, A.V., Neftepererab. Neftekhim., 2008, no. 1, p. 29.Google Scholar
- 6.RF Patent 2181137.Google Scholar