Low-temperature radiation-initiated copolymerization of N-vinylpyrrolidone with acrylic acid in glass-forming ethanol or dimethylformamide solutions
The radiation-initiated copolymerization of N-vinylpyrrolidone with acrylic acid at low temperatures in glass-forming ethanol or dimethylformamide solutions was studied. The mechanism of the copolymer formation was elucidated, and conditions were determined for preparing alternating and random block copolymers.
KeywordsCopolymerization Block Copolymer Acrylic Acid Dimethylformamide Random Block
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Plate, N.A. and Vasil’ev, A.E., Fiziologicheski aktivnye polimery (Physiologically Active Polymers), Moscow: Nauka, 1986.Google Scholar
- 2.Panarin, E.F. and Ushakova, V.N., Sopolimery N-vinilpirrolidona kak nositeli biologicheski aktivnykh veshchestv (N-Vinylpyrrolidone Copolymers as Carriers of Biologically Active Substances), Moscow: Nauka, 1989, pp. 66–95.Google Scholar
- 3.Bol’shakov, A.I., Mikhailov, A.I., and Barkalov, I.M., Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1978, vol. 241, no. 6, pp. 1355–1358.Google Scholar
- 4.Barkalov, I.M. and Kiryukhin, D.P., Int. Rev. Phys. Chem., 1994, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 337–357.Google Scholar
- 5.Bol’shakov, A.I., Mikhailov, A.I., and Barkalov, I.M., Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. B, 1976, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 906–908.Google Scholar
- 6.Bol’shakov, A.I. and Barkalov, I.M., Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. A, 1991, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 1828–1833.Google Scholar
- 7.Usmanov, A.Kh., Turaev, A.S., Nadzhimutdinov, Sh., and Usmanov, Kh.U., Uzb. Khim. Zh., 1975, no. 4, pp. 36–39.Google Scholar