Synthesis, Structure, and Biological Activity of Cinnamoyl-Containing Cytisine and Anabasine Alkaloids Derivatives
- 9 Downloads
The reactions of the cytisine and anabasine alkaloids with cinnamic acid chloride have been studied, and hydrazinolysis of the resulting N-cinnamoylcytisine and N-cinnamoylanabazine has been carried out. The reaction of cinnamoyl isothiocyanate with alkaloids has afforded the corresponding thiourea derivatives. Antimicrobial and cytotoxic activity of cinnamoyl-containing derivatives of these alkaloids has been evaluated.
Keywordscytisine anabasine N-cinnamoylcytisine N-cinnamoylanabasine cinnamoyl chloride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This study was financially supported by the Committee for Science, Ministry of Education and Science of Kazakhstan (PTsF no. BR05236438-OT-18).
Conflict of Interest
No conflict of interest was declared by the authors.
- 1.Tlegenov, R., Doctoral (Chem.) Dissertation, Tashkent, 2008. 54 s.Google Scholar
- 2.Primuhamedov, Z.I. and Tillyaev, K.S., Uzb. Khim. Zh., 1981, no. 1, p. 52.Google Scholar
- 4.Abduvakhabov, A.A., Sadykov, A.A., Dalimov, D.N., and Aslanov, H.A., Alkaloidy i ikh proizvodnye kak instrument dlya izucheniya kholinergicheskoi sistemy (Alkaloids and Their Derivatives as a Tool for Studying the Cholinergic System), Tashkent: Fan, 1984.Google Scholar
- 5.RF Patent 2440997, 2012; Buyll. Izobret., 2012, no. 3.Google Scholar
- 8.Nurkenov, O.A., Kulakov, I.V., and Fazylov, S.D., Sinteticheskie transformatsii alkaloida tsitizina (Synthetic Transformations of Cytisine Alkaloid), Karaganda: Glasir, 2012.Google Scholar
- 9.Nurkenov, O.A., Fazylov, S.D., Kulakov, I.V., and Musina, L.A., Alkaloid anabazin i ego proizvodnye (Anabazine Alkaloid and Its Derivatives), Karaganda: Glasir, 2010.Google Scholar
- 14.Zefirov, Yu.V. and Zorkii, P.M., Zh. Strukt. Khim., 1974, vol. 15, no. 1, p. 118.Google Scholar
- 15.Takagi, K., Tanaka, M., Murakami, Y., Morita, H., and Aotsuka, T., Eur. J. Med. Chem. Chim. Ther., 1986, vol. 21, p. 65.Google Scholar
- 18.Navashin, S.M. and Fomina, I.P., Ratsional’naya antibiotikoterapiya. Spravochnik (Rational Antibiotic Therapy. Handbook), Moscow: Meditsina, 1982.Google Scholar
- 20.McLaughlin, J.L., Methods Plant Boichem., 1991, vol. 6, p. 1.Google Scholar
- 21.Gordon, A.J. and Ford, R.A., The Chemist’s Companion. A Handbook of Practical Data, Techniques and References, New York: Wiley, 1972.Google Scholar
- 22.CrysAlisPro, Aligent Technologies, Version 188.8.131.52 (release 2014).Google Scholar