Transmetalation of Pentafluorophenylmercury Derivatives with Organylmagnesium Bromides
- 3 Downloads
The reactions of pentafluorophenylmercury derivatives with organomagnesium compounds have been studied. The interaction of pentafluorophenylmercury chloride with RMgBr (R = Et, Ph) has afforded diphenyl- and diethylmercury or phenylmercury chloride, besides the expected product (C6F5HgR). The results have been explained by the transmetalation of C6F5HgR with the Grignard reagent, followed by the reaction of the resulting C6F5MgX (X = Br, C6F5) with pentafluorophenylmercury chloride. Transmetalation of (C6F5)2Hg with organylmagnesium bromides has led to the formation of C6F5MgX and R2Hg.
Keywordstransmetalation bis(pentafluorophenyl)mercury diethylmercury diphenylmercury ethylmagnesium bromide phenylmagnesium bromide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Chambers, R.D., Coates, G.E., Livingstone, J.G., and Musgrave, W.K.R., J. Chem. Soc., 1962, no. 11, p. 4367. doi https://doi.org/10.1039/JR9620004367
- 4.Burdon, J., Coe, P.L., Fulton, M., and Tatlow, J.C., J. Chem. Soc., 1964, no. 8, p. 2673. doi https://doi.org/10.1039/JR9640002673
- 5.Brooke, G.M., Chambers, R.D., Heyes, J., and Musgrave, W.K.R., J. Chem. Soc., 1964, no. 2, p. 729. doi https://doi.org/10.1039/JR9640000729
- 7.Evans, D.F. and Khan, M.S., J. Chem. Soc., 1967A, no. 10, p. 1643. doi https://doi.org/10.1039/J19670001643
- 8.Pushkina, L.N., Stepanov, A.P., Zhukov, V.S., and Naumov, A.D., Zh. Org. Khim., 1972, vol. 8, no. 3, p. 586.Google Scholar