On the Evaluation of Quantitative Parameters and Formal Kinetic Features of Nitrification in Natural Waters
- 3 Downloads
Using the laboratory modeling method, it has been shown that the enzymatic Michaelis–Menten kinetics equation provides a reasonable description of nitrification process in natural waters. The reaction has the first rate order with respect to the enzyme and pseudo zero order with respect to the substrate (ammonium ion) in a large excess of the latter.
Keywordsnitrification formal kinetics natural water enzyme inhibition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sabylina, A.V. and Efremova, T.A., Ekol. Khim., 2017, vol. 26, no. 6, p. 333.Google Scholar
- 2.RD 52.24.518-2008.Google Scholar
- 3.Kuznetsov, S.I., Saralov, A.I., and Nazina, T.N., Mikrobiologicheskie protsessy krugovorota ugleroda azota v ozerakh (Microbiological Processes of Nitrogen Carbon Cycle in Lakes), Moscow: Nauka, 1985.Google Scholar
- 4.Ryzhakov, A.V., Ekol. Khim.,, 2012, vol. 21, no. 2, p. 117.Google Scholar
- 5.Belser, L.W. and Mays, E.L., Appl. Environ. Microbiol., 1980, vol. 39, no. 3, p. 505.Google Scholar