The Purification of the Galvanic Industry Wastewater of Chromium(VI) Compounds Using Titanium(III) Chloride
- 4 Downloads
The possibility of reduction of chromium(VI) compounds by solutions of titanium(III) chloride in hydrochloric acid has been investigated. It has been shown that the considered reagent possesses strong reductive properties over wide pH range. It has been proved that the efficiency of the reduction of chromium(VI) compounds with titanium(III) chloride in neutral medium is much higher than that when using sodium sulfite. It has been noted that in addition to the reduction properties, titanium compounds act as a highly efficient coagulant, thereby increasing the overall purification efficiency of the wastewater.
Keywordschromium(VI) reduction galvanic runoff titanium(III) chloride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Loskutov, V.I. and Zalevskii, D.V., Vest. Nizhegorod. Univ., 2012, no. 5, no. 3, p. 148.Google Scholar
- 3.Madhavi, V., Reddy, A.V.B., Reddy, K.G., Madhavi, G., Venkata, T.N., and Prasad, K.V., Res. J. Recent Sci., 2013, vol. 2, no. 1, p. 71.Google Scholar
- 4.Klimova, O.V., Vestnik IrGTU, 2012, no. 11, p. 155.Google Scholar
- 7.Pugazhenthi, G., Sachan, S., Kishore, N., and Kumar, A., J. Membrane Sci., 2005, vol. 254, nos. 1–2, p. 229. doi https://doi.org/10.1016/j.memsci.2005.01.011
- 10.Akhmadiev, M.G., Shakirov, F.F., Nazipova, L.M., Akhmadiev, B.M., and Shaihiev, I.G., Vest. Tehnol. Univ., 2014, vol. 8, no. 17, p. 47.Google Scholar
- 11.Tsybul’skaya, O.N., Ksenik, T.V., Yudakov, A.A., Kisel’, A.A., and Perfil’ev, A.V., Vestnik DVO Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2016, no. 6, p. 70.Google Scholar
- 12.Vinogradov, S.S., Ekologicheski bezopasnoe gal’vanicheskoe proizvodstvo (Ecologically Safe Galvanic Production), Moscow: Globus, 2002.Google Scholar
- 14.Luchinskii, G.P., Khimiya titana (Titanium Chemistry), Moscow: Khimiya, 1971.Google Scholar
- 15.GN 220.127.116.115-03.Google Scholar