Modeling Sulfide Oxidation Processes in the Vysokogorsky Tailing Dam in the Temperature Range from –25 to 0°С (Kavalerovsky District, Primorsky Krai)
- 6 Downloads
The article presents the results of physicochemical modeling of the oxidation of sulfide minerals in the tailings of the Vysokogorsky tailing dam in the temperature range from –25 to 0°С, with one-by-one exclusion of sulfide minerals from the model systems. The Eh-pH parameters of the technogenic mineral formation systems have been determined at different host rock–sulfide ratios in the tailings (95: 5, 90: 10, 80: 20, and 20: 80). Crystallization of hypergene minerals have been considered, aqueous solutions qualitative and quantitative ion compositions have been determined, and their effect on the hydrosphere has been assessed.
Keywordsphysicochemical modeling supergenesis tailings tailing dam environmental assessment verification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zvereva, V.P., Pyatakov, A.D., Kostina, A.M., Frolov, K.R., and Lysenko, A.D., Ekol. Khim., 2012, no. 4, pp. 219–224.Google Scholar
- 6.Nesterov, V.N., and Nesterova, E.S., Issledovanie vtorichnykh biogeotsenov srednego Sikhote-Alinya (Study of Secondary Biogeocenosis of Middle Sikhote-Aline), Vladivostok: Ross. Akad. Nauk, Dal’nevostoch. Otd., 1978, pp. 134–138.Google Scholar
- 7.Karpov, I.K., Fiziko-khimicheskoe modelirovanie na EVM v geokhimii (Computer Simulation of Physico-Chemical Processes in Geochemistry), Nauka: Novosibirsk, 1981.Google Scholar
- 8.Horne, R.A., Marine Chemistry. The Structure of Water and the Chemistry of the Hydrosphere, New York: Wiley, 1969Google Scholar
- 9.Zvereva, V.P., Ekologicheskie posledstviya gipergennykh protsessov na olovorudnykh mestorozhdeniyakh Dal’nego Vostoka (Environmental Consequences of Supergene Processes on Tin Ore Deposits of the Far East), Vladivostok: Dal’nauka, 2008.Google Scholar