Synthesis and biological activity of the pinostrobin oxime complex compounds with some d-metals
- First Online:
- 136 Downloads
The process of the complex formation by the natural flavonoid pinostrobin (5-hydroxy-7-methoxyflavonone) oxime with the Cu(II) and Fe(III) ions in a water-ethanol medium was investigated. The metal: ligand ratio in the complex was determined by the saturation method. The results of the analysis of IR spectra and the data of mass-spectrometric studies of the structure of the obtained complex compounds are reported. The antiviral activity of the synthesized complexes with respect to the human immunodeficiency virus HIV-1 IIIB and HIV-2 ROD strains was studied. The antioxidant activity of the complexes, as well as the parent pinostrobin oxime ligand, was evaluated with respect to the diphenylpicrylhydrazyl (DPPH) radical and the 2,2′-azino-bis(3-ethylbenzthiazoline-6-sulphonic acid (ABTS) radical cation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kostyuk, V.A. and Potapovich, A.I., Bioradikaly i bioantioksidanty (Bioradicals and Bioantioxidants), Moscow: BGU, 2004.Google Scholar
- 6.Horsfall, J.G., Principles of Fungicidal Action, Waltham: Chronica Botanica Co., 1956, p. 141.Google Scholar
- 11.Stavrescu, R.B., Kimura, T., Hayakawa, F., and Ando, T., Central Eur. J. Chem., 2003, no. 1, p. 35.Google Scholar
- 12.Korostelev, P.P., Prigotovlenie rastvorov dlya khimikoanaliticheskikh rabot (Preparation of Solutions for the Chemical Analytical Work), Moscow: Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1962.Google Scholar
- 13.Osnovy analiticheskoi khimii (Fundamentals of Analytical Chemistry), Zolotov, Yu.A., Ed., Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola, 2001.Google Scholar
- 14.Brand-Williams, W., Cuvelier, M.E., and Berset, C., Lebensmittel Wissenschaft und Technologie, 1995, vol. 28, p. 25.Google Scholar
- 16.Bulatov, M.I. and Kalinkin, I.P., Prakticheskoe rukovodstvo po fotometricheskim metodam analiza (Practical Manual on the Photometric Methods of Analysis), Leningrad: Nauka, 1976.Google Scholar
- 18.Kopacz, M., Woznicka, E., and Gruszecka, J., Acta Polon. Pharm. Drug Research, 2005, vol. 62, no. 1, p. 65.Google Scholar
- 20.Pannecouque, C., Daelemans, D., and De Clercq, E., Nature Protocols, 2008, no. 3, p. 427.Google Scholar