Cyclometalated Iridium(III) Complexes with a Norbornene-Substituted Picolinate Ligand and Electroluminescent Polymers Based on them
- 9 Downloads
New cyclometalated iridium(III) complexes, NBEpicIr(Ppy)2 (I) and NBEpicIr(Dfppy)2 (II), were synthesized (NBEpicH = 3-(((1S,4S)-bicyclo[2.2.1]hept-5-ene-2-carbonyl)oxy)picolinic acid, PpyH = 2-phenylpyridine, DfppyH = 2-(2,4-difluorophenyl)pyridine). Complex I was characterized by X‑ray diffraction analysis (CIF file CCDC no. 1878882). Ring opening metathesis polymerization involving compounds I and II and carbazole norbornene monomers gave new iridium-containing copolymers. The photophysical properties of complexes I and II and copolymers based on them were studied.
Keywords:cyclometalated iridium complexes iridium-containing polymers metathesis polymerization photoluminescence electroluminescence
X-ray diffraction studies were carried out using the research equipment of the Center for Collective Use “Analytical Center of the Institute of Organometallic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences.”
This work was performed within the State Assignment (subject no. 44.2, reg. no. AAAA-A16-116122110053-1).
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflicts of interest.
- 1.Highly Efficient OLEDs with Phosphorescent Materials, Yersin, H., Ed., Weinheim: Wiley-VCH, 2008, p. 438.Google Scholar
- 3.Iridium(III) in Optoelectronic and Photonics Applications, Zysman-Colman, E., Ed., Chichester: Wiley-VCH, 2017, p. 736.Google Scholar
- 6.Nanomaterials, Polymers and Devices: Materials Functionalization and Device Fabrication, Kong E.S.W., Ed., New Jersey: Wiley-VCH, 2015, p. 195.Google Scholar
- 18.SAINT. Data Reduction and Correction Program. Version 8.34A, Madison (WI, USA): Bruker AXS, 2014.Google Scholar
- 19.Sheldrick, G.M., SHELXTL. Version 6.14. Structure Determination Software Suite, Madison: Bruker AXS, 2003.Google Scholar
- 20.Sheldrick, G.M., SADABS. Version 2014/5. Bruker/Siemens Area Detector Absorption Correction Program, Madison: Bruker AXS, 2014.Google Scholar
- 21.Janiak, C., Dalton Trans., 2000, p. 3885.Google Scholar
- 23.Bochkarev, M.N., Vitukhnovskii, A.G., and Katkova, M.A., Organicheskie svetoizluchayushchie diody (OLED) (Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs)), Nizhny Novgorod: Dekom, 2011.Google Scholar